Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Reports to: Director, Strategic Planning and Partnerships
Duty Station: MU-JHU
Contract terms: 1 year (renewable)
Required qualifications and profile:
A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Economics, Statistics), Master’s degree are preferred. At least 3 years of leadership experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation, including experience providing institutional M&E in a health research institution. Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools, knowledge in (quasi-) experimental program evaluation designs, broad experience in the design and implementation of capacity building activities in M&E. High proficiency in using statistical analysis software, advanced computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, databases), presentation and report writing and excellent analytical and communication skills (oral and written) combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem-solving.
The holder of this position will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Strategic Planning and Partnerships and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitoring & Evaluation Implementation (50%): Conduct and oversee the collection, analysis and reporting of performance data from day-to-day activities utilizing the Strategic Plan as the main reference tool. Develop appropriate data collection tools in response to unique data needs. Lead analytical evaluations of data and emerging reports to support thorough management decision-making at operational and strategic levels. Utilize current tools for data visualization to develop high-quality reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support to Institutional Strategic Planning & Reporting (20%): Based on the current strategic plan, motivate results, track implementation and use analyzed data to make recommendations to senior management. Collaborate with management to set Division and unit milestones and Key Performance Indicators. Lead the regular performance reviews of the milestones, including quarterly, annual and mid-term reviews. Develop impact narratives for external audiences used in communications to donors, government, and partners.
- M&E Strategy and Research (20%): Based on implementation data, develop spotlight areas, questions and/or proposals for performance improvement. Design research and evaluation efforts to assess the impact of MU-JHU’s research and programs. Participate in the development of data and performance aspects of research and program proposals and direct M&E grants. Participate in building the organizational knowledge management processes, including through research and partnerships.
- Systems Support and Capacity Building (10%): Evaluate, establish, and update appropriate frameworks, policies, and guidelines to manage various data and performance needs in line with MUJHU’s strategy. Improve data systems – collection, storage, use – to increase the effectiveness and scalability of M&E systems. Explore and provide recommendations for innovative technologies to streamline monitoring, evaluation and other operational functions. Build staff capacity through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection and reporting. Seek out and develop new M&E funding opportunities.
- Maintain professional GCP/HSP accreditation and complete study-specific training as required.
Applications with complete C.Vs, including 3 referees and their full addresses or contact telephone numbers, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, may be hand-delivered to: MU-JHU Director of Human Resources, through the reception on the first floor, MU-JHU 1 Building or sent by email (application should not exceed 15MBs) to HR@mujhu.org – not later than 23rd June 2022 by 5.30 pm. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.