Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Associate
Duty Station: Seguku Katale, Wakiso District
About Imagine Her
We are a non-profit working to accessibly provide young vulnerable women and youth with a robust innovation skillset and essential resources to create sustainable social ventures and social impact in Uganda. We do this by providing tools and collaborating with communities as key advocates to prepare pathways for their socio-economic independence.
We achieve this through three-pronged approaches that accelerate the power and potential of women, girls, and youth in Uganda as described below;
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
- Social Enterprise & Innovation Incubator: We invest in young women and youth as builders of transformative solutions to the most pressing problems of today and tomorrow (Climate Change, Food Security, Health & Education Disparities). We do this through the provision of practical tools and training. Our model is designed as a 3-month accelerated MBA-style training program that empowers women and youth to develop an idea, build a model, and test it using design thinking methodology and principles of adaptive leadership. After this, participants receive mentoring and start-up financial support, to support them to build their own business or social venture.
- Social Venture-Business Accelerator: Our Business Accelerator works to support already running social ventures that are struggling to meet the needs of their service/product users and fulfill their value propositions. We have observed that post-COVID-19, so many social impact start-ups are struggling to keep their doors open. Our solution focuses on identifying and nurturing these social entrepreneurs, creating a pool of change agents, and building on viable support systems for young social entrepreneurs, ensuring that products and services produced are matching people’s needs in the community. We believe that supporting visionary leaders builds strong and stable social enterprises, creating a more cohesive ecosystem for young social entrepreneurs to be successful.
- Becoming: Becoming is an all-year-round program that creates opportunities for young girls to develop their potential in leadership and realization of their sexual and reproductive rights at a tender age. The program goes beyond developing the leadership skills of young girls through community service projects and adaptive leadership, by improving access to sexual and reproductive health information and services. It also supports young girls’ academic and learning needs through experiential and digital learning opportunities delivered through a design thinking curriculum and mentorship.
We are seeking a MEAL Associate to join our dynamic and growing team and work alongside our community beneficiaries and our programming staff at the forefront of measuring our programming impact and leading the refinement of our current M&E framework and systems.
- Provide leadership and direction on M&E to ensure that all programs achieve their goals and corresponding objectives and targets
- Provide direct support and technical assistance for the refinement and implementation of the current Imagine Her Monitoring and Evaluation framework including developing an Activity Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning Plan which includes targets and a results framework.
- Support the programming staff to develop and use harmonized data capture tools and data analysis plans for reportable indicators at all levels, ensuring timeliness, quality, and completeness of data.
- Oversee and/or conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management, and analysis
- Ensure data quality by conducting data quality assessments on all program indicators.
- Conduct M&E training needs assessments regularly for programming staff to determine the most relevant and cost-effective training
- Prepare and disseminate M&E-based reports and lessons learned for internal use and for the stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage and involve the community in Imagine Her M&E activities
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Statistics, Economics, Gender Studies, Social sciences, or other related fields.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and analytic methodologies, operations research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, and presentation
- 2 years work experience in a related position
- Demonstrated skills in data management and quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; and use of relevant analysis software (SPSS, STATA, ODK, and Excel)
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track program performance.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision
- Experience working with youth and women groups including Savings Groups.
- Highly flexible and organized, able to coordinate government and private sector players for effective support and implementation of program interventions
- He /she must have ample experience in capacity building, public relations, be a strong team player, and have good coordination skills
- Experience in working with partnerships, including Local Government, civil society, donors, and local community structures is an added advantage.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to take initiative, a leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Google Drive & Calendar etc) and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
Imagine Her is a small nonprofit organization that believes in accelerating the power and potential of every girl, woman, and youth-preparing them as active leaders, social entrepreneurs to create sustainable solutions within their communities. Our model was developed to empower girls, women, and youth holistically to improve their lives and communities. We have very limited resources and staff. Each member of our team is working towards realizing our mission by dedicating their time and skills through a wholehearted commitment to it. As a result, we are equally dedicated to those who work with us.
We’re looking for someone who can get their sleeves rolled up and their hands dirty. Someone who is kept up at night trying to find answers to the world’s most intractable problems and willing to make some errors along the way. We need an individual willing to share what they know and learn as they go – not afraid to take a step back and think around a problem. We’re looking for an expert with drive and heart. And we need someone who can do all those things, in some of the hardest places, and still have a lot of fun.
- A passionate and welcoming working environment in a small, fast-paced NGO
- Building your capacity in all areas of your work
- Paid leave
Reports To: Operations Lead
Contract Period: 1-Year Renewable Contract
To Apply: Please submit CV and Cover letter to email@example.com
Applications Due: 3rd March 2022
Imagine Her is an equal opportunities employer so both women and men are encouraged to apply.