Ayuda en Acción
Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and from 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity. A non-denominational, non-partisan organisation committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. A supportive community of exchange of values and capabilities, based on dignity, equality and mutual respect, which includes more than 120,000 people, a large number of companies and diverse collaborators, whose solidarity reaches around 2,500,000 people with whom we work together to improve their lives.
Founded in 1981, Ayuda en Acción is an international NGO that operates in more than 20 countries of Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe. Ayuda en Acción is committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that cause inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. Ayuda en Acción has been in Uganda for over 20 years and is now in the process of establishing itself stronger, in order to expand impact by creating more partnerships and work projects implemented through partners as well as direct implementation.
Ayuda en Acción is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Qualified Females are highly encouraged to apply.
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
Objectives of the Position
MEAL officer is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems for all AeA Programmes in Uganda, adapting them to operational and financial management level. The successful candidate will vertically report to the Country Director of AeAE, with functional reporting on human and financial resources to the AeA Administrator.
Overall day to day activities
As an AeA MEAL officer, you will oversee, coordinate, and manage MEAL design and implementation, from initial assessments to learning and review inputs. Therefore you are expected to provide MEAL technical advice and support to a range of program issues for AeA programming in Uganda. In line with AeA quality principles and standards and industry best practices.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
MEAL system development
· Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of projects/ programmes results at all levels (outputs, outcomes, and impact). Ensuring strategic vision and organization requirements and standards.
· Develop/Adopt an integrated database of all projects/programmes and ensure accountability through monthly data updates, data integrity and working in collaboration with data processors.
· Work with programme staff and Country Director to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing projects/ programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments.
· Incorporate partners and technical team feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of data management systems within AeA Uganda. Timely update and share data with AeA Uganda team and headquarter management team.
· Analyze the evaluability of projects and make suggestions to the design team to improve their evaluability
· Provide technical advice and support when required to the corporate M&E Unit team in the creation and development of institutional monitoring and evaluation systems, methodologies, and tools.
Monitoring and Reporting
· Maintain and update the overall AeA indicator tracker based on submissions from the Program Officers and AeA Partners, ensuring institutional quality standards and timely inputs in a cost-effective manner.
· Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation.
· Ensure all grants have updated work-plan and performance management plan (PMPs) in tandem with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed.
· Carry out data quality assessments/ audits regularly for MEAL data based on agreed indicators to guide decision making.
· Review monthly progress reports from partners and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to the respective staff.
· Contribute to the preparation of reports such as the monthly, quarterly, annual and “quiero contarte”. Provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, annual, and other reports to Project Management Team
· Ensure that cross cutting issues such as COVID-19 response, participation, gender, age, and disability are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in all project implementations.
· Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
Assessments, Surveys and Evaluation
· Promote evaluation, systematization and learning efforts with project implementers and external persons, facilitating replicability and scalability.
· Participate in baseline surveys for new projects and relevant evaluations for ongoing projects.
· Participate in the development of TOR for external surveys and consultant recruitments.
· Participate in the review of all survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting.
· Ensure implementation and high-quality standards for evaluation as well as timely report of planned evaluations.
· Organize, review, and assure quality standards for evaluation reports.
Learning, Accountability and Capacity Building
· Integrate learning in MEAL plans, and ensure all MEAL system provide learning opportunities for AeA and partners
· Share learning and provide constructive comments to colleagues to ensure programme quality.
· Participate in building capacity of staff and partners in MEAL related areas.
· Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations, learning and accountability.
Skills, qualification, and experience
· University degree in statistics, demography, economics, development, social sciences, public administration or other relevant areas.
· At least 5 Year of experience in similar positions in NGOs or international organizations.
· Excellent communication skills in oral and written English.
· Demonstrated skills in data analysis and interpretation.
· Demonstrated skills in analyzing data using statistical software
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft TEAMS.
· Ability to work in a team under tight deadlines.
Qualities and key skills
Desired MEAL Competencies
· MEAL in Design: Developing project-level theories of Change, initial assessments, Logframes, related MEAL system tools and components and accompanying MEAL narratives.
· Monitoring: Implementing monitoring activities, including timely collection of quality data, set up and maintenance of databases, facilitation of participatory reflection on monitoring results, and submission of timely progress reports.
· Accountability: Improving our accountability to a range of stakeholders through increased participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms and adherence to AeA quality standards and requirements.
· Analysis and Critical Thinking: Engaging with data, challenging biases and assumptions, posing thoughtful questions, pursuing deeper understanding of evidence through reflection and perspective-taking, and making informed programming decisions.
· ICT for MEAL: Applying knowledge on information and communication technologies (ICT), both hardware and software, for opportune and accurate data collection, database management, conducting
· Willingness and ability to travel independently in the rural field twice a month.
Job offer conditions
· Immediate incorporation.
· Full-time job.
. Type of contract: The contract is annual and renewable according to the set out conditions
· Work Center: based in AeA national office in Kampala
– Submission deadline: March 14