The main objective of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Officer is to promote results-based management within all Philomera Hope Foundation programs. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Officer will be responsible for spearheading the development and implementation of an effective monitoring and evaluation systems for ongoing and new Philomera Hope Foundation programmes.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Officer is expected to perform the following functions
- Develop a strategy for data management, data collection, data analysis, and sharing and learning opportunities for Philomera Hope Foundation’s projects
- Develop organizational monitoring and evaluation tools, including frameworks, indicators, data collection methods, and data quality assurance measures
- Review organizational monitoring and evaluation plan for each project and provide feedback on needs, trends, best practices, and priorities to help in the design of the future interventions
- Capacity building of staff on monitoring and evaluation tools, research tools, research methodology, database use, and data interpretation to improve data for decision making and future project design
- Perform program quality assurance activities such as data quality audits, capacity assessments, mid-term and final evaluation reviews, field monitoring and evaluations, and support assessments, surveys, studies, and evaluations
- Conduct needs assessments, literature reviews and research projects and advise programmatic staff based on findings and research for the organization
- Provide assistance in proposal design and project reporting related to research and monitoring and evaluation reporting requirements
Preferred: Bachelor’s or Post-graduate degree in relevant public health, epidemiology, statistics, and economics or another social science, or related field
Additional related field trainings and achievements are an advantage!
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organisations
- At least one 3 years’ experience in designing, implementing, and overseeing monitoring and evaluation activities in NGOs, e.g. surveys, assessments, or evaluations
- Experience with statistical packages for data analysis (Ms packages, SPSS, STATA, other packages and software, etc.)
- Experience in conducting research that includes quantitative or qualitative studies and/or literature reviews
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects
- Experience in data base design, its management, data collection, report writing and dissemination practices.
- Experience of organising lesson-learning sessions
- Demonstrated strong writing skills, as evidenced by past report and/or grant proposals
RELEVANT SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
- Data collection and management skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on Ms applications, MIS, SPSS, e-communication, applications, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, among others.
- Time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Able to promote Philomera Hope Foundation’s mission, values, and objectives
* As the above job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Position is based in Kalangala, travel to districts could be required.
Interested persons submit your application (1 page cover letter, CV, supporting documents) not later than 25th August 2020 to the addresses below, either in softcopy or hardcopy: