Recruitment of a Mortgage Coordinator
Our client, an International Credit Union, is looking for individuals with high integrity, leadership abilities and commitment to fill the position of Mortgage Coordinator. The position will be located in Uganda.
The Mortgage Coordinator will be responsible for the origination, processing and closing of Uganda mortgage applications and compliance with applicable Uganda Central bank lending guidelines and NCUA rules, regulations and laws.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Interview applicant(s) for mortgage business to determine qualifications and appropriate product(s). Explore all possible alternatives and make appropriate recommendations for products and services for the members/applicants;
• Establish and maintain relationships with potential applicants and promote/solicit mortgage business as well as provide mortgage product education to members;
• Process new mortgage applications and enter information into all applicable systems. Request all additional documents (title reports, lien searches, payoff letters, appraisals, credit reference reports et al);
• Communicate/inform members of the status of their applications as requested, via telephone or written communications;
• Follow-up with the Consumer Lending department to ensure the timely closing of mortgages. Inform members of the status of their files in accordance with UNFCU’s guidelines for frequency and timeliness;
• Monitor status reports from attorneys, title companies and appraisers;
• Participate in Business Development activities to educate membership and publicize Ugandan mortgage operations. Identify opportunities to cross-sell other credit union products or services and initiate referrals to the Investment/Insurance Centre;
• In collaboration with the Consumer Lending department, schedule, coordinate, and prepare documents for closings;
• Maintain a diary system for insurances, rates and rent receipts and valuation reports;
• Investigate member account/loan issues, determine action necessary to resolve the issues, and ensure that this action is taken in a timely fashion. Follow up to ensure that the issues are corrected, and keep members informed of the status of their issues;
• Keep abreast of changing/new regulations, UNFCU products, procedures and technology; and
• Perform maintenance activities on accounts and memberships in accordance with compliance regulations.
Minimum qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills
The ideal candidate should possess;
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years in a financial institution;
• Experience with interviewing, originating, processing, and/or closing mortgage loans in Uganda;
• Computer proficiency and intermediate to advanced MS Office skills;
• Familiarity with required local regulations, mortgage documents and related processes; • Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
• Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
If you believe you fit the profile, please send your application and resume to email@example.com by close of business 27 November 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
In this document, “PwC” refers to PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited which is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, each member firm of which is a separate legal entity.