Position: Music Scheduler/ Presenter Kabalega FM.
Reports to: Station Manager, Kabalega FM.
Duty Station: Hoima.
Description of purpose:
To ensure that Kabalega FM’s music database is competitive and relevant to the target audience and deliver appealing, entertaining and engaging radio shows to the target audience in conformity with the Vision Group editorial policy.
Key Result Areas:
• Identify, source, and package music suitable for the target audience in order to grow listenership and revenue.
• Prepare and present stipulated on air show to appeal to and maintain target audience.
• Participate in the production of adverts and promotions (in-house/client) for the station to generate revenue and create awareness.
• Participate and execute station promotions and activations to ensure their success, grow listenership and revenue.
• Participate in administrative processes to support operational efficiency and smooth work processes.
Qualification and Experience:
• Diploma in Performing Arts/Diploma in sound engineering.
• Certificate in IT is an added advantage.
• At least 2 to 3 years working experience in a competitive media production environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Basic knowledge of production and broadcast software; Jazler, Cool edit, Pro tools, Logic platinum, Adobe audition, Imediatouch.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages.
• Proficient in English and Runyoro, Rutooro or Rugungu.
• Basic knowledge on sound equipment.
• Creative, dynamic and innovative thinking.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Quick decision-making and judgment.
• High integrity.
• Excellent communicational, organization and planning skills.
• Excellent teamwork.
• Be open to criticism.
• Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit applications, copies of certificates and CVs to the: Chief Human Resources Officer, The New Vision Printing and Publishing Company Ltd.; Plot 19/21,First Street, Industrial Area Kampala. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: Wednesday, 15th March, 2023.