Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1.800 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The Support to the Development of Human Resources (SDHR) Project of Enabel in Uganda with funding Belgium is seeking to recruit a National Digitalization for Development (D4D) Officer to be based at the SDHR Project offices in Kampala.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Position
- You realize the implementation of the interventions by providing input for planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities that falls under Digitalization for Development to ensure that the results are achieved within the set execution deadlines.
- You provide the necessary technical input in Digitalisation for Development to achieve the project’s technical performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards.
- You ensure quality assurance of services and contribute to organizing knowledge building and knowledge management/sharing in Digitalization for Development.
- You ensure capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organisation, processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
The National Digitalization for Development Officer will report to the International Digitalization for Development (D4D) Expert.
Follow the link to get the full job details: http://gofile.me/6QZru/YdWUdA0Cq
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Required: Masters Degree in Social Sciences, Adult Education, Educational Sciences, Development Studies, Human Resources and ICT related studies.
- Complementary Asset: Bachelor’s degree ICT or a related field (such as Information Technology, Business Computing)
- A Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Digitalization for Development in the Public or Private Sector;
- A Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the management of online learning courses
Your Profile-Required Skilled and Knowledge
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation
- You have experience in implementing D4D activities in the public sector
- You have experience in development of E-learning (management of online courses – specifically on a learning management system, implementing course with a blended/hybrid approach, mobile application, etc.)
- You have experience in Human Capacity Development
- You have knowledge of the latest trends in Education technology
- You have knowledge of Open Educational Resources (OER)
- You have knowledge of how MOOCS (Massive Open online courses) operate
- You are aware of/ or have interest in Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence or Block Chain
- You have experience in knowledge management and/or organizational learning
We offer you
You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
- A fascinating and varied job in an international environment.
- Following this publication, a three-year recruitment reserve is established for any similar position. The first position is scheduled between three and twelve months. Contracts are for the term of the project with a possibility of Project extension.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 7,000,000 and UGX8,000,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December.
Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely on the basis of capacity.
Are you interested?
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages’ maximum using the on-line application link below:
Follow this link to apply on-line: https://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/4648801/
Apply ON-LINE at the latest by Friday 19th November,2021 at 11:59 pm (EAT)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified and experienced women are highly encouraged to apply.