We seek a world of hope, inclusion, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security.
CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice.
The CAtalyzing Strengthened policy aCtion for heAlthy Diets and resiliencE (CASCADE) is a EURO 60 million project funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented across six countries: Uganda, Nigeria, Benin, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Mozambique. The overall goal of CASCADE is to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of at least 5 million women of reproductive age and children under 5. In Uganda, the project will be implemented across five regions (Karamoja, West Nile, Northern, Southwestern, Eastern) through a CARE-led consortium including GAIN, Food Rights Alliance, Africa Innovations Institute and Kyambogo University. The project will work with government, business, and communities to foster an enabling environment for nutrition actions by advocating for increased investments for nutrition and completion of Uganda’s nutrition policy document. CASCADE focus on specific, already-existing policies that are most strategic in Uganda, it’s a reflection of national government priorities and political will. To be able to successfully implement selected policies, the policy strengthening activities are going to be implemented at all levels, from national, sub-national up to community level.
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
The Nutrition Advisor provides overall leadership on policy and advocacy for food security and Nutrition. The Advisor is responsible for providing strategic direction, policy review and development technical support to ensure food security strategies are in place and implemented to contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of women of reproductive age and children under 5. The Advisor is responsible for partnership management, strategic engagement of stakeholders on policy issues to support Food and nutrition security. To oversee and guide the formulation and review on Nutrition related, policy briefs, policies, guidelines, and regulations ensuring their consistence and harmony with the overall national policies and Lead advocacy efforts in advancement of creating and enabling environment for advancement of food security and nutrition of Women and under children under 5.
Strategic Engagements, Partnerships & Coordination CASCADE (30%)
- Shape and advance CASCADE nutrition advocacy goals by coordinating internally and externally to position CARE Nutrition knowledge, analysis and policy positions and experts through a wide variety of channels such as media engagement, digital outreach, events and new public partnerships and platforms.
- Identify, map, and engage strategic events and opportunities to favorably profile nutrition expertise and facilitate the work of CASCADE nutrition advocates in support of our overarching advocacy objectives.
- Work and build relationships with external organizations, and civil society to align advocacy events, including joint events, statements, and products.
- Represent CASCADE, where appropriate, in key global policy and advocacy networks, fora and meetings.
- Work in close collaboration with counterparts in the Communication, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM) division, regional bureaus, and country offices to align activities and ensure a coherent approach to advocacy within CASCADE.
Strategic Planning and oversight of CASCADE nutrition Advocacy (30%)
- Provide guidance and support to CASCADE to develop and implement an advocacy strategic Public Private Partnerships (PPP) strategies and initiatives
- Liaise with Government to advance priority needs for addressing Food and Nutrition.
- Identify relevant decision makers and influencers, and work with Communications and Programme Officers to develop a content calendar to support the high-level themes CASCADE aims to reinforce, with specific campaigns, activities and messages tailored by audience
Program QUALITY and LEARNING (20%)
- Participates in knowledge development/expertise groups and in internal and external advocacy learning Agenda.
- Documentation and sharing learnings on CASCADE Advocacy engagement efforts with relevant stakeholders.
- Support efforts to create and enable an effective, coherent, and comprehensive framework for nutrition advocacy interventions.
- Contribute to nutrition advocacy development technical content on reporting to the donor.
- Facilitate and contribute to knowledge development, regarding evidence-based nutrition advocacy and liaise with relevant stakeholders in this regard.
|Promote Gender Equity and Diversity & Safeguarding Practices (15%)
- Practice a behavior that is consistent with CARE’s core values, and promotion of gender equity and diversity goals.
- Plays a leadership role in identifying and implementing initiatives that enhance CARE’s commitment to gender and diversity.
- Ensure that staff and related personnel under your jurisdiction are familiar with the following organisational policies and procedures and can identify when needed how these may have been breached, The CI Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Abuse, The anti-discrimination and harassment policy, The code of conduct and the organizations Values.
Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- Support country office Partnership functions from time to time.
- Step in and cover for Consortium Manager from time to time.
- Take on stretch assignments assigned from time to time.
WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Masters or post graduate degree in a relevant field, such as public policy, public health, social welfare, nutrition, agriculture. Advanced university degree in communications, international relations, livelihoods, or other relevant fields.
- At least 7 years of professional experience, in nutrition advocacy sector,
- Good knowledge and understanding of the global actors and themes, including proven success in developing and implementing high quality advocacy strategies, with impact.
- Experience of coordinating networks, building partnerships, and forging coalitions, with ability to represent CASCADE on various communication groups, fora and with media.
- Strategic thinker, with ability to focus and prioritize advocacy and communication efforts in line with external landscape and corporate policies and priorities.
- Ability to build and manage collaborative relationships.
- Proven ability to create and execute effective communication and advocacy strategies.
- Ability to produce high-quality communication and advocacy materials.
- Professional knowledge of nutrition.
- Ability to priorities and manage workload independently.
- Excellent written communication skills: writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive, and sound working environment.
- Promoting, valuing, respecting and fully benefiting from everyone’s unique qualities, background, race, culture, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle, perspectives, or interests; creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity.