Job Title: Nutrition Coordinator
Organisation: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Duty Station: Moroto, Uganda
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest non-governmental aid and development agencies in Germany. The objective of the program in Uganda is to improve livelihoods of the most vulnerable population in rural areas through interventions that increase their Food and Nutrition Security, improve sustainable access to WASH services and support the employability of the youth through vocational and life skills training. We understand that livelihoods of the rural population in Uganda have improved in a sustainable way when people are able to meet their basic food needs, have access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation, live in a healthy environment and take up opportunities to earn and diversify a decent income.
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills, and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! As a politically and confessionally independent organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles and all our work is led by six core values: Accountability, Courage, Respect, Transparency, Commitment and Curiosity. If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Job Summary: The Nutrition Coordinator will support and expand Welthungerhilfe’s nutrition work in Karamoja and ensure it is of excellent technical quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and coordination of and learning from program nutrition activities.
- Expand the scale and scope of nutrition in WHH’s work in Karamoja and ensure and improve its technical quality and effectiveness.
- Identify capacity gaps, develop and implement capacity development plans and provide technical advice, support and on-the-job mentoring on nutrition to WHH and partner staffs.
- Organise, implement, supervise and monitor the nutrition activities throughout the project cycle and in collaboration with project/ partner staff.
- Prepare requisition forms and support the procurement and distribution of equipment, supplies and services for nutrition activities.
- Write and submit timely, quality, and accurate reports.
- Contribute to development of concept notes, proposals and budgets.
- Lead the development and review of training and other IEC materials, tools and implementation approaches related to nutrition.
- Contribute to strategic, conceptual, regional planning for nutrition programming, including workplans and new initiatives.
- Coordinate with and support as necessary other change agents (e.g., at district or community level).
- Ensure high technical quality of any nutrition-related surveys and assessments.
- Document, distil, and share best practices and learning
- Ensure proper documentation and accountability for all project activities, including distributions, trainings and community sessions.
- Maintain excellent working relationship and communication with WHH colleagues, WHH partners and peers, relevant local authorities, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participate actively in nutrition meetings/ workshops/ working groups (e.g., district/ regional groups, WHH nutrition and FNS teams) and apply learning in the project work
- Contribute to nutrition-related pilot studies, as relevant.
- Support and prepare for external project visits as required.
- Support and coordinate with interns, consultants as required.
- Promote and adhere to the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in nutrition, public health, nutrition, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in nutrition programs
- Working experience in MIYCAN and multi-sectoral nutrition programs
- Project & community level experience in SBC programming and approaches
- Experience as a community and peer level trainer
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and experience in MS Teams, O365/ Sharepoint
- English fluency (spoken and written) and NgaKaramojong (NgaPokot) an advantage
- Previous work experience in Karamoja
- Practical experience in nutrition coordination, care group approach, adolescent nutrition, (SMART) nutrition surveys & software, and in IMAM will be an advantage
- Experience in formative research for nutrition, qualitative and quantitative research methods and contextual analyses
- Experience in electronic data collection & tool design data management of nutrition-related indicators
- Experience in the design of participatory, community level session guide and in adult learning techniques
- Experience in gender transformative programming
- Experience in introducing/ promoting nutrition-specific programming, e.g., MIYCAN, in a nutrition-sensitive project environment
How to Apply:
All Qualified and interested applicants should submit via email their Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages) containing contact details and telephone numbers of work-related reference persons to; firstname.lastname@example.org. Files should be submitted in single email with standard file types like MS Word(.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and should not exceed 2MB.
Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your E-mail and qualified females and People with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Deadline: 20th June 2022 at 5.00pm