The Uganda Veterinary Board ( UVB ) is a statutory body responsible for regulating the veterinary profession and practice in Uganda. The UVB has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative person to join and assist in establishing systems working closely with the Board. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking at advancing their career in administration and gain experience in regulatory affairs. The Office Administrator will be responsible for the day to clay running of the UVB Office. As in-charge of the UVB office, the administrator will work closely with the Secretary/Registrar Board
Position: Office Administrator
Responsible to: Secretary/Registrar, Uganda Veterinary
Responsibility: To provide office and administrative support to the Uganda Veterinary Board for the smooth running of its business. .
• General office management to ensure effective and efficient handling of office operations and meetings of the Board
• Implement the marketing and communication strategies of the UVB
• Managing schedules and itineraries
• Preparing activity reports and accountabilities
• Maintaining functionality and safe custody of UVB property
• Assisting the Board in development and implementation of the funding strategy and fund mobilization activities.
• Assist Board members whenever necessary.
• Perform any other duties or assignments as designated by the UVB Secretary/Registrar.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university with at least 2 years’ experience.
• A person of integrity with excellent time management and work ethics
• Excellent IT, social, communication, interpersonal abilities, numeracy and organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment;
• Possess a valid Uganda Driving Permit
• An understanding of the fundamentals of the veterinary industry in particular regulation
• Knowledge of the animal sector
• Experience associated with the veterinary sector will be an added advantage
This position is contractual and will be initially offered on a six- month probation period after which a review will take place.
How to apply
Applications and CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach not later than 11:59 pm on August 7th 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted