Applications are invited from qualified Ugandans to fill the following position in the Medical Department, Bank of Uganda;
1. DEPARTMENT : MEDICAL
2. JOB REF. : MD2.01
3. JOB TITLE : PAEDIATRICIAN (HEAD CLINICAL DIVISION)
4. RANK : DEPUTY/ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
5. REPORTS TO : DIRECTOR MEDICAL DEPARTMENT
6. JOB PURPOSE:
To contribute to the improved health of Bank of Uganda (BOU) staff and their entitled dependents cost-effectively in line with the Bank policy.
• A Degree in Medicine or Surgery from a recognized Institution.
• A Master of Medicine Degree in Paediatrics and Child Health or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
• A post graduate training in Basic Management and Leadership is an added advantage.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least ten (10) years, five (5) of which must be at specialist level.
• A minimum of 35 years and maximum of 45 years as at the date of the close of the advertisement. Candidates should have been born on or after 8th July 1977 but not later than 8th July 1987.
• Excellent clinical skills in diagnosing and treating childhood illnesses.
• Excellent counselling skills.
• Good inter-personal relationships.
• Should have demonstrable qualities of leadership and integrity.
• Good communication skills.
• Demonstrate ability to coach, mentor and develop other staff.
• Tolerate and embrace diversity.
• Committed and self-motivated.
Salary and Benefits for this position are generous and attractive.
All applications should be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to Bank of Uganda Headquarters. The envelope MUST be clearly marked “Application – Paediatrician (Head Clinical Division)”.
Please take note of the following.
1) Management reserves the right to terminate applicants found with concealed or falsified information and academic credentials.
2) Candidates MUST use the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae format as their Curriculum Vitae format. Candidates that use a Curriculum Vitae Format other than the mentioned BoU Curriculum Vitae format shall be disqualified. The Curriculum vitae can be found on the Bank of Uganda website via the link. https://www.bou.or.ug/bou/bouwebsite/Careers/Curriculum-Vitae-Form/
3) Candidates MUST attach certified copies of academic credentials and professional training certificates.
To reach NOT later than Friday 8th July 2022.