Type of Contract – Full-time Employee
Job Title – Personal Assistant (PA) to Executive Director
Level – Assistant
Reports to – Executive Director
Duration – One-year renewable contract with 3 months’ probation
Location – ROM Head Office Mbuya
The role supports the overall ED Section activities
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the preparation for the section meetings and minute taking
- Support the Section with various administrative tasks.
- Arrange meetings with government officials, CSOs and other stakeholders for the ED.
- Keep an updated contact list and be the specialist in organising the Section’s contacts and network.
- Support the communication function in press and information activities, including managing the social media and website.
- Support the in the planning and organising of public & staff events, AGM, Retreats etc.
- Process payment requests in the section in liaison with Administration.
- Ensure proper filing & documentation, both electronically and in hard copy.
- Have a good overview of the tasks performed in the Section in order to support in planning and organising work.
- Support and observe the safeguarding culture in the organization regularly documenting and reporting identified and potential safeguarding issues to the HR.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation, as you promote the vision, mission and the values of Reach Out Mbuya.
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably serving an executive role.
- Very good knowledge of PC usage and applications related to MS Office, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Internet etc.
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural team
- Strong sense of initiative
- Attention to detail and ability to execute duties with accuracy
- Good organisational skills
- Proven ability to work under time pressure, good stress management
- Ability to communicate clearly and with confidence, both orally and in written form
- Networking skills to support the Section in developing contacts
- Reliability and responsibility
Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 3 professional referees in PDF format as one document. Both Cover letter and CV must not exceed 4 pages. Please send your application to the Human Resource Manager ROM through the Email: email@example.com not later than Sunday, 22 May 2022 at 5:00 PM (EAT). No need of attaching other documents at this level.
- ROM is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Any form of lobbying or canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Applications beyond the deadline will not be considered.