BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information, please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net. All suitably qualified Ugandans are invited to fill up the following available vacant positions in the Play Lab project & Health Program.
BRAC Uganda NGO operates in1) Agriculture, Food Security & Livelihood; 2) Health Program; 3) Ultra Poor Graduation/Disability Inclusion; 4) Education & youth Empowerment ;5) Emergence Preparedness & Response; BRAC Uganda Country Office is located at Plot 880, Heritage Road, Nsambya.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Country Office
Core Roles and Responsibilities
1. Assistance with the preparation of request for quotations
2. Initiations to bids, requests for proposal and coordination of their timely dispatch by email.
3. Assist the procurement officer in maintaining procurement documents and manuals.
4. Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluations.
5. Receive the approved requisitions and process appropriate documents procedures for local or oversea purchase/services/contracts.
6. Check and clarify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the material needed.
7. Process and appropriate documents for payments.
8. Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed.
9. Find out the sample of materials to be purchased if necessary.
10. Provide purchased material to be responsible user department and do all actions for
completing the process.
11. Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decisions and contractual agreements.
12. Manage and uphold the implementation of the vision, mission, values and policies of BRAC Uganda, including an effective safeguarding policy
13. Other duties that will be assigned by the supervision.
Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so
Required skills and qualifications
Diploma in procurement and logistics or any other related field, 1-year experience doing the related work, communication skills (written and spoken), Ability to work under pressure and minimum supervision, Report writing and facilitation skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their Application, CV and academic documents as one document addressed to the Head Human Resources by email to email@example.com Deadline is Thursday 24 February 2022.The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly when submitting. Only complete applications will be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: BRAC Uganda doesn’t charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process from the applicants. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any communication purportedly on behalf of BRAC Uganda please send us an email before taking any further action in relation to the issue at hand.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer