The Procurement Officer (PO) for the Uganda Institutional and Systems Strengthening (ISS) Activity has primary responsibility for the day-to-day activities within the Procurement Unit under the Operations department. This includes providing guidance to ISS staff on procurement policies and procedures as well as ensuring compliance with Cardno and USAID policies, rules, and regulations. The Procurement Officer will review and processes requests for procurement, develop specifications and review quotes, and generate purchase orders and other vendor contracts to ensure that the goods/services are available and can be sourced at a fair market price. The PO provides updates to the Operations Specialist on areas of procurement and logistical support and compliance across the ISS Activity functions.
The Procurement officer will support the Operations Specialist in procurement processes, S/he will;
- Support development of scopes of work in coordination with technical and operations teams; develop and/or review requests for proposals (RFPs) prior to publication
- Post solicitations to relevant publications and online platforms
- Support for grantee procurements
- Complete Procurement Review Checklist on incoming procurement packages and verify all required documentation is included and accurate. Coordinate with applicants to obtain missing documentation as needed
- Form/support evaluation and selection committees for procurements and document selection process and final decision
- Reviews quotes and responses to RFPs, ensures selection memos capture all required information
- Conduct trainings for staff and grantees (where applicable) on ISS/Cardno procurement policy.
- Provide guidance on organizational and donor procurement requirements.
- Assists with development and maintenance of procurement systems, templates and manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Additional qualifications in procurement will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in handling office procurements for a fast-paced office.
- Experience with US Government acquisitions regulations and procurement policies.
- Must be a Ugandan citizen.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience working with high profile public and private sector actors.
- Demonstrated experience in procuring for and managing series of big events.
- Good understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Ability to coordinate work with multi-sector technical teams and run procurements on short notice.
- Excellent Language proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
Estimated Period of Performance:
The opening is a full-time position and will require staff time of 40 hours a week.
This is a long-term position and is based in Kampala, Uganda with intermittent travel throughout the country.
The Procurement officer will report to the Operations Specialist
Deadline for submission of applications
Send an updated CV and a 1-page cover letter describing your pertinent qualifications and experience to email@example.com by November 19, 2021 at 4:00 pm. Late applications will not be reviewed.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.This position will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment and reasonable accommodations will be considered.
For more details, please visit https://www.cardno.com/careers/browse-careers/