JOB TITLE: Procurement Officer
DUTY STATION: SMS House, 7th Street, Industrial Area, Kampala
REPORTS TO: Head of Department
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
SMS Group Limited is a Ugandan based Company that deals within the following sectors i.e. General supplies, Accommodation, Architectural and Engineering Consultancy, Procurement Consultancy and many other functions.
SMS Group is seeking to hire a competent and experienced Procurement Officer
to fill the above-mentioned position.
The incumbent will be solely responsible for procuring high quality and cost efficient supplies. He or she will follow procurement procedures,maintain an updated list of current & incoming inventory, be responsible for the overall procurement and disposable activities in line with the Company policies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors and supplies
- Make professional decisions in a fast paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Review, analyze all vendors/supplies, price options/market assessment and develop plans for purchasing equipment, service and supplies.
- Invite, assess and recommend supplier tenders, bids,quotations and proposals,
- Negotiate the best deals of contract terms and conditions, quotations and supply contracts and ensure their products are of high quality.
- Maintain an update of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, potential future development.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure compliance of procurement procedures are within the government guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials and services to be purchased.
- Work with team members to manage duties as needed and perform any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field from a reputable Institution.
- MBA in Supply Chain Management, Logistics is essential.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or an equivalent is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of PPDA Act, Contracts Management and Disposal.
- Experience and knowledge of PPAP is required.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience within busy FMCG companies/construction/hospitality background.
- High level of integrity
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal presentation, negotiation and analytical skills
- Contract and supplier management skills and knowledge.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualifying and interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Submit your Application Letter, CV, Academic documents with 3 professional referees to email@example.com with the subject line clearly indicating position applied for. Deadline is Monday 23rd November 2020 by 17:00 hrs