Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Arua
Reports to: Project Manager
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda for over 35 years, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society development. For more information Please visit: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda
The Production and Marketing Officer, under the direct supervision of the Nexus Project Manager, is responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of value chain development project interventions in West Nile (Arua) in line with the donor requirements and agreed implementation strategy, and for the planning and implementation of livelihood interventions in the refugee settlements as agreed in the project document (HPA), and ensure that the project integrates age, gender, and diversity. Coordinate value chain development activities, including leadership of Production and Marketing Assistants.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the planning, training, development, and implementation of value chain development activities in Arua District of; value chain analysis, annual dialogues and project feedback meetings with district stakeholders, introduction of the program to local micro businesses with focus on partnership with them.
- Collaborate/Network with various market actors including private sector actors; seed and tool vendors, off-takers, micro-finance institutions.
- Identify and resolve issues and make decisions on criteria for identification, selection, verification, and graduation of beneficiaries targeted for value chain development.
- Support all efforts towards accountability to the organization and direct programme participants, local communities, Office of the Prime Minister (OPM), the donors and other stakeholders; engage program participants as equal partners using a rights-based approach in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all field activities.
- Closely follow up on day-to-day implementation of value chain development project activities and take corrective action to achieve key result indicators and goals as specified in work plan.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluation staff to capture the required data for measuring output and impact of the programme.
- Supervise the performance of the Production and Marketing Assistants and provide timely technical and managerial support.
- Closely follow-up the field activities of UPMB and Mukwano GoC and update the respective supervisor.
- Liaise with MEAL and protection teams in rolling out DCA complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- Represent DCA in value chain and production working groups and other related forums.
- Closely work with UNHCR, OPM, the DLGs and other stakeholders in promotion of selected value chains, marketing, improved nutrition and reproductive health and identification and selection of vulnerable households and People with Specific Needs (PSNs).
- Produce human interest stories, newsletters, case stories, periodic SITREPs, visibility materials.
- Participate in the development of ToRs for consultants, support procurement committees in the selection of firms.
- Participate in the design of new project proposals and concept notes and ensure mainstreaming of DCA cross-cutting commitments.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies/Agricultural economics/Agriculture or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably an International NGO.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to details, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills and ability to work in a challenging and dynamic context.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in refugee settlements and host communities.
- Understanding of the West Nile context and local languages will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
DCA offers a salary package (Salary, Insurance & Pension) in accordance with the experience & DCA Uganda HR Manual. All suitable, qualified, and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through this link: National vacancies (danchurchaid.org) On-boarding of the successful candidate is dependent on funding confirmation.
Deadline for Applying: 1st /August /2022.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status, religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
While we appreciate your interest to work with DCA, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.