Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Program manager with remarkable customer service skills to join our Loyalty Program and champion our expansion in Uganda.
Who We’re Looking For
An enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join the Loyalty Program team with a key focus on growing our programs operations in the Kampala region and other regions in Uganda. The candidate should have a background and leadership experience in customer service in the public health sector, pharmaceutical sector or a related space. The ideal candidate should have experience supporting digital products or solutions, and is tech-savvy. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers, and mentoring other team members to create a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds Uganda. The role requires a customer-centric leader whose mission is to build strong relationships with our partner pharmacies, making them champions of our Loyalty Program.
- Champion expansion by onboarding and supporting a network of pharmacies participating in Maisha Meds loyalty programs
- Build and lead loyalty program operations, supply chain and training curriculum to support growth
- Establish systems, processes, controls and teams to penetrate new markets, onboard new facilities and manage these relationships.
- Support Loyalty Program facilities through weekly field visits and calls to ensure:
- They are implementing the program with integrity
- They have sufficient stock
- They are utilizing the loyalty application maximally
- They are targeting all eligible patients to increase Program reach
- Providing any requested support from the facilities
- Develop relationships with our in-country NGO partners and funders
- Foster relationships with relevant professional bodies and government officials who are key stakeholders in success of our Programs (existing relationships with such stakeholders is an added advantage)
- Work with advisors to develop clinical protocols to ensure pharmacies and clinics provide high-quality care
- Report program progress and opportunities of growth to the Director of Programs
- Support in designing expansion project plans
This role is based in Kampala with frequent local travel. You will report to the Director of Programs for this work.
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum), ideally in customer service, business, public health or other related field
- Comfortable with technology – direct experience working with developers is a huge plus
- 3 to 5 years working in a customer acquisition and management leadership role
- Having a background in public health will be an added advantage
- Project management experience will be an added advantage
- Leadership experience, drive, and willingness to mentor others on the team
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is December 2021, and compensation is commensurate with experience.