ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you have passion for the youth and are ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
The Program Partner will be the member of the Foundation country team and works collaboratively with team members to support the implementation of programs and their interlinkages. This individual will be expected to interact effectively with partner organizations to advance the current work of the Foundation.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Work closely with cross functional team members (Finance, Impact and other functions) to deliver end to end Program Management oversite, specifically:
- Lead program management throughout the program life cycle.
- Define the program governance (controls).
- Plan the overall program and monitoring the progress.
- Manage the program’s budget.
- Manage risks and issues and suggest corrective measures.
- Manage stakeholders’ communication.
- Manage the main program documentation through the life cycle of the program.
- Compile, synthesize and share knowledge and learnings.
- Overall, provide clear, concise, and insightful written analyses and recommendations regarding the progress of the program deliverables for Foundation senior staff consideration.
- Represent the Foundation and collaborate with key internal and external audiences as per Foundation guidelines.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in the Development, Economics, or development programing space.
- Minimum of five years solid experience with private sector consulting, research, or development partner organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate progress and learnings to colleagues and the wider development community.
- Demonstrates experience in providing technical, insight and other support to colleagues and partner staff for effective program delivery.
- Excellent project management skills for multi-sectoral interventions including monitoring, project performance review, organizational capacity support, evaluation and reporting.
- Excellent presentation and effective listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively synthesize information to reach diverse audiences and build consensus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Proactive, engaged and a self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and to distill complex information and data into accessible conversation and written pieces.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Experience supporting technical capacity and skill development amongst diverse teams.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is January 15, 2021.