NIRAS International Consulting Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of NIRAS International Consultancy (NIC) Business Unit within NIRAS Group, specialised in Development Consulting for official development assistance (ODA) and private sector clients. NIRAS International Consultancy offers technical assistance services to governments and development cooperation partners such as the EU, World Bank, Sida, Danida, FCDO, GIZ and KFW. Our major areas of intervention are in Agriculture and Rural development, Private Sector Development and Trade, Energy, Natural Resource Management, Environment and Climate Change, Education and Skills Development, Urban Development, Governance, Land and Investment, Monitoring & Evaluation amongst others.
We are seeking an Project Assistant, with sound knowledge of good administration practices, and a sound understanding of local authorities and other regulatory requirements. The Project Assistant will be the focal administrative person on project activities, responsible for providing programmatic, budget tracking, administrative, and operational support for NIRAS Uganda Team. The incumbent will employ strong coordination and planning skills to ensure that projects, budget tracking, work plans and administrative needs are achieved in a professional manner. The person needs to be result focused, have the highest ethical standards and strong writing skills in English. Experience in International Development consulting firm or similar organization will be an add advantage.
To support NIRAS Uganda team in handling all administration, program and business related tasks and maintaining a good relationship with project personnel and all local authorities.
A. PROGRAM SUPPORT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Maintain a proper filing system of Organisation documents.
- Assist in maintaining controls over fixed assets including tagging of assets and annual physical verifications
- Takes minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings with the assistance of and coordination with the Admin and Finance in Country as required
- Works with other team members to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from team members.
- Provide programme and administrative support to NIRAS Uganda team in the preparation of various programme documents.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking. .
- Help the team in providing guidance to the country and project offices on routine implementation of the project, tracking use of financial resources.
B. OFFICE ADMINISTRATION, LOGISTICS AND PROCUREMENT
- Responsible for a professional, organised office that is well equipped.
- Ensure that appropriate insurances are in place.
- Tracking annual leave.
- Procurement, ensure that NIRAS gets “value for money”.
- Engaging in NIRAS Projects’ administration, logistics and procurement duties as required
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
C. WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS
- Liaises with members of other host organizations to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops that take place in different locations within the country;
- Liaises with Finance and Admin and other NIRAS team regarding venue, travel and hotels for provision, room organization and logistics;
- Liaises with and assists project recipients and consultants as required to ensure smooth functioning of activities;
- Coordinates and disseminates all internal and external material, including publicity and background documents for local events; coordinates appropriate mailings or distribution;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Business Administration from a recognised institution or equivalent with four years’ minimum Administration experience in a busy company setting.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Experience in office administration and management, procurement and supplier management.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Ability to present information succinctly and compellingly.
- Ability and willingness to quickly change work practices and hours and ensure a fast turnaround for urgent tasks.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Word and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications which include a detailed CV, cover letter and contacts of 3 references via email to AFRICA_RECRUITMENT@NIRAS.COM; cc’ RIOJ@niras.com by 17th March 2023. Hardcopies will not be accepted. NIRAS Africa Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.