The objective of the study is to support development of health systems that are responsive to growing needs of rehabilitation (inclusive of assistive technology) across the lifespan by implementing activities across the six-health system building blocks and all levels of care, focusing on a set of priority conditions and how they can be integrated into primary health care and capacity development of providers and decision-makers.
The project seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator to support the implementation of its activities. The project Coordinator will work under the overall supervision of the Project’s Principal Investigator for the project.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
The duties of the Project Coordinator are a combination of professional, scientific and academic tasks to ensure the successful implementation of the study intervention and meet the designated study goals and objectives, under the direction of the PI. The project coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of the project activities, including the following;
- Proposal review and Protocol finalization, ethical review applications, and study protocol amendments.
- Obtain and maintain ethical clearance and Uganda National Council for Science and Technology registration of the research project.
- Ensure renewal of the different projects running under this program on yearly basis i.e. IRB and UNCST
- Coordinate the implementation of research project activities.
- Organize, coordinate and participate in online meetings as may be requested by partners.
- Draft budgets for different activities according to the work plan and grant’s agreement.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, and field supervision of Research Assistants.
- Participate in the development of data collection tools.
- Ensuring well-coordinated data collection, including the execution of regular quality checks and transfer protocols in accordance with USAID data processes and procedures.
- Track progress against targets and document the study progress.
- In consultation with the PI, prepare and submit required progress reports to ReLAB-HS global team and the local ReLAB-HS Uganda team on all activities.
- Ensure accuracy, accessibility and confidentiality and storage of study files and subject records.
- Participate in the preparation and execution of dissemination activities. These will include preparation of technical reports, publications, blogs, PowerPoint presentations and engaging in country stakeholders in dissemination activities.
- Participate in manuscript writing.
- Ably represent the study team in external meetings when called upon
- Execute any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Desirable Qualities
- Suitable applicants MUST possess a master’s degree in Public Health (epidemiology) or related field.
- At least three years of experience managing research projects or health related projects and large data sets.
In addition, the applicant should possess the following desirable qualities;
- The applicant should have demonstrated experience with managing data, information, and monitoring and evaluation of evidence-based health care.
- Previous work experience or collaboration in a donor-funded project.
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal communication and ability to work with diverse sectors as well as meeting deadlines.
- An experience of computer-based data analysis using packages such as EpiInfo, SPSS, STATA or SAS will be an added advantage.
- Working with various international partners.
Terms of Service: The appointment will be for a period of 9 months upon satisfactory performance.
The successful candidate will have a work station at the Kololo campus of MakSPH with occasional meetings and interactions at the main campus located at the New Mulago Hospital Complex.
How to apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should address their applications to: The Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health, Makerere University, P.O. Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda. The softcopy application should be sent via email to the project administrator, email@example.com . Please indicate the position you are applying for in the Email subject line.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 8th April 2022.
Late applications will not be considered. The application must provide names and contacts of two referees, and the applicant’s own phone contacts together with a detailed curriculum vitae. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.