Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is currently active in the sectors of WASH, livelihood and environment for improving the lives of both the refugee population as well as the host communities.
The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water and sanitation, with additional Livelihood and environment components.
In Kampala Malteser International’s focus lies on the health sector with the development of an operative ambulance system, an improved care for physiotherapy patients and the support of an initiative for mothers of disabled Children.
For its work in Nakivale, Uganda, Malteser International is looking for an experienced person to fill the position of motivated Project Coordinator (m/f/d) – National position.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for timely and effective implementation of project activities. He/she plans activities, supervises and coordinates the field staff in their daily activities. He/she assists the Programme Coordinator in internal and donor reporting as well as continuous assessment of needs in the target area and continuous improvement of program quality.
- Leading assessment and monitoring of WASH and public health needs of the target population
- Management of all MI field staff in the project location
- Technically guide and oversee MI Field Assistants in WASH and public health interventions, including building their capacity in on-the-job and regular trainings
- Ensure timeliness and high program quality in all interventions by MI according to donor guidelines and international standards (SPHERE, WHO, etc.), including identification and proposal of adaptations to program delivery
- Contribute to program design and continuous adaptation to context and needs
- Ensuring that cross-cutting themes, in particular protection and gender are integrated in WASH and health activities
- Build capacity of MI and partner staff in WASH, public health as well as project management and plan and organize trainings where applicable
- Representation of MI in relevant coordination meetings
- Lead in setting up and maintaining a system of project monitoring, including all necessary documentation
- Prepare written reports according to MI internal and donor requirements
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Master’s degree in public health, civil engineering, water & sanitation engineering, development studies or project management from a recognized university
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in implementation of WASH and public health projects including hygiene and sanitation interventions, water system construction and WASH governance, in humanitarian or development contexts with reputable INGO
- Demonstrated outstanding communication skills and ability to lead a team
- Prior experience in project management is essential
- Proven experience in report writing
- Ability to handle non-routine work patterns and working under high pressure
- Ability to uphold the MI Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of local and beneficiary languages (Runyankitara, Swahili, French) will be considered an advantage
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Nakivale, Uganda
- Duration of contract: 12 months
- Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT OUR JOB PORTAL HERE >> https://ds6.rexx-server.com/portal-malteser_international/job-offer.html?yid=8292?vl=eng
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until August 3rd, 2020.
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.