Who we are
AgriTechTalk Africa (ATTA) is a Ugandan registered Non-Governmental Organization. ATTA provides technical assistance to agricultural and natural resources development programmes and projects, implemented by NGOs; community-based organisations (CBOs); international agencies (e.g. UN bodies); farmer cooperatives or government institutions.
Project: Strengthen an Innovative System for the Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Environmental Impacts of the Nascent Beef Industry in Uganda in Support of Rural Sustainable Transformation (SIRGE)
About the Project:
ATTA with funding from European Union (EU) and under the leadership of ACTED, is implementing the above 3-year project, whose objective is to contribute to the climate-relevant, productive, and sustainable transformation of agriculture and food systems in Uganda. Specifically, foster innovation and rural communities’ and institutions’ access to new technologies for reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and environmental impacts of the nascent beef industry in Uganda
Different partners and service providers will be more or less extensively involved in different components of the project, although ACTED will remain the lead agency in coordinating the project implementation, along with consortium partner AgriTechTalk Africa. The project will be implemented in association with Uganda’s Climate Change Department (CCD) and four service providers will be engaged for providing services relating to specific components of the project, and 2 of them will be under the direct supervision of ATTA.
Therefore, ATTA is currently seeking to recruit qualified individual to fill the following position.
Position: Project Finance Officer
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Starting Date: July 2021
Length of contract: 1 year, with possibility of yearly renewal up to the end of the project.
Gross Salary: 4,000,000 – 5,500,000 according to the candidate experience
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Administration and finance
· Ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements set by the Donors and by internal financial and administrative procedures;
· Control and assure compliance of program expenditures with program budgets;
· Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling;
· Ensure proper administration for outstanding debtors and creditors, follow-up overdue and signal potential problems in timely manner;
· Prepare payment vouchers and verify supporting documents for project and administrative expenditure;
· Ensure classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the projects and respective budget lines;
· Ensure appropriate filing system of financial documentation is in place, accurate and updated;
· Provide timely and systematic monitoring of program expenditures as well as timely budget program forecasts.
Book-keeping, Finance and Budgeting
· Prepares the accounts for the assigned projects and supervise/coordinate the field staff in order to receive the documentation;
· Submit the monthly Accounting system to the relevant persons as per agreed timelines;
· Prepares and process all project related financial transactions into Accounting System (such as vouchers, requisitions) and ensure the proper allocation of costs according to the information received by the project coordinators;
· Performs monthly and routinely financial reconciliation (including discrepancies through the collection and analysis of financial and accounting data);
· Prepares the financial reports for the project(s) assigned to her supporting the Project Managers;
· Manages and accounts for day-to-day cash inflows and outflows ensuring proper systems and procedures;
· Prepares the payrolls and statutory deductions, in line with internal policies and local norms and legislations,
· Deals with the management and disbursement of petty cash, in line with internal policies and procedures and in coordination with Re and with the Project Managers;
· Responsible for handling the monthly fund requests and for preparing and disbursing funds transfer to the field;
· Processes approved payments in line with the project budget and project/Donor regulations, and regulation having verified the necessary documentations;
· Provides administrative and financial support for the effective and efficient organization of project activities, such as field visits, missions, workshops, trainings, round tables, conferences;
· Ensures that all the supporting document are in order as per donors and internal regulations.
· Supervise preparation of contracts for personnel staff;
· Manage contracts of local and international staff and supervise administration staff;
· Application of mechanisms relative to any on the job training of personnel working on the project;
· Coordinate and supervise overall human resources policy implementation, included Labour Law application, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained;
· Produce monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements;
· Prepare, on a monthly basis, financial reports and requests to be sent to HQs;
· Monitor the Country’s Security: implement the security measure in accordance with the guidelines and with the Head of Mission;
· Supervise preparation of lease contracts, contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the program;
· Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked;
· Supervise appropriateness and updating of all procurement documentation at the various steps of the procurement process;
· Ensure budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place;
· Ensure that taxes are timely remitted to relevant authorities;
· Update the stock inventory.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· University degree in relevant field.
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience;
· Fluency in English language;
· Experience in international relief and development in African countries in a similar position;
· Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage;
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
· Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
· Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs;
· Proven capacity to work in a team and previous experience in managing staff;
· Experience in working in conflict-prone environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com.
AgriTechTalk Africa provides equal employment opportunity.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Deadline: 20th June 2021 by 5:00 PM