SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a Project Finance Officer for an energy and agriculture integrated programme in Uganda. This position is contingent to availability of funding;
Financial Accounting and Administration
- Records financial project data into systems, monitors and analyses project data.
- Executes, checks and consolidates all necessary activities and checks to assure complete and correct allocation of project costs, in line with financial regulations, SNV financial standards and guidelines and donor requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date staff debtor’s status through regular staff account allocations.
- Monitoring sub grantees status through the grants to partner accounts
- Ensure effective and timely processing of invoices or other payments and ensuring compliance to donor rules and regulations.
- Reviewing of the Programme creditors’ accounts in the system
- Executes the budgeting process and periodically forecasts and supports control, monitors (audit) all financial related activities within the project.
Financial business project control and information
- Regularly provides (requested and non-requested) financial reports, analysis and advice to provide insight in the overall projects financial status in order to safeguard financial performance, profitability and to estimate financial risks and take precautions.
- All in line with donor and SNV financial guidelines.
- Provides advice, balancing country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines, taking the project set-up with different donor regulations into account.
- Guides the Project Manager with country budgets, country project administrations and country project reviews in multiple country projects.
- Provides financial reports to meet both internal and external donor requirements. Supports the project manager in being compliant to internal- and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of projects.
Support to Business Development
- Assists in development of budgets in proposals.
- Guides and oversees qualification process for grants if applicable.
- Assist in the development of Proposal Budgets in liaison with the project teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Administration, Finance, Commerce or relevant qualification.
- Professional qualification.
- 5 years’ relevant experience
- ICT proficient, accounting and SAP Design software
- Advanced knowledge and experience with accounting and/or financial management software and MS Office applications; and
- Knowledge of Uganda financial and tax regulations, especially those pertaining to non-governmental or not-for-profit organizations.
This is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda. The contract duration is 2 years, with possibility of extension of another 2 years. The desired starting date is January 2022. subject to awarding the contract for implementation by the donor. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, including a competitive secondary benefits package.
Working at SNV
We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org