Terms of Reference for Project Management Consultant at Yalelo Uganda Limited
Yalelo Uganda Limited (Referred to as Yalelo (YU), operates in the Aquaculture industry. Yalelo is a pioneer in African aquaculture, combining local resources with world-class aquaculture practices. Yalelo began its operations in 2019 and has grown to become Uganda’s market leader in sustainable fish production. Our cages are among the largest in Africa providing an open environment for our fish to swim far and deep against the natural lake currents. Yalelo’s main drive is to lead Uganda in becoming a regional Aquaculture powerhouse by sustainably developing region-wide fish Protein and stabilizing regional food security by sustainable producing reliable and affordable supply of fresh fish.
Yalelo Uganda (YU) in partnership with the Private Sector Foundation of Uganda (PSFU) under the Young Africa Works Uganda program sponsored by The Mastercard Foundation, aims at creating employment opportunities for both the youth and women entrepreneurs in the fish value chain (Advancing Women and Youth ‘s entrepreneurs in the fish value chain for wealth creation) in the age range of 18-35 years. YU strives to engage 7,215 youth entrepreneurs in different sales channels to avail fresh fish to consumers in the Kampala Metropolitan Areas (KMA), Wakiso, Mukono and then countrywide over the course of the next 3 years
YU, therefore, invites applications from a competent project management consultant to lead implementation of the project.
Duties of the Project Management Consultant;
Under the leadership of the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the Case Manager at Private Sector Foundation Uganda, he/she will have the responsibility for overall management of the projects which includes: efficient management of financial resources; review and approval of project budgets and monitoring expenditures; supervision of field operations including procurement; monitoring and evaluation; and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required. S/he will ensure full compliance with the donor contract and regulations and will oversee the projects reporting process to donors. S/he will oversee performance management of all Yalelo Uganda Limited project staff working in all projects and will represent Yalelo Uganda Limited in all projects-related meetings. As an Agribusiness Specialist S/he is responsible for value chain development and the development of Partnerships with potential public/private partners. Central to the role is capacity building of the Yalelo Project staff and the knowledge transfer to ensure that the project can continue to run effectively and in full compliance at the end of this Consultancy.
The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and overall coordination of the will be in charge of the following:
- Execute overall project management;
- Guide the project set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates;
- Build, strengthen and manage partnerships with key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Manage donor relations with existing donors and engagement with potential donors for partnership and business development opportunities;
- Overall management of all human, physical and financial resources related to the project;
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Account and report to Yalelo Uganda Ltd and the donor on project performance;
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with donor;
- Identify follow-up funding and partnership possibilities and business development.
- Transfer knowledge, mentor and build capacity of the existing staff in project management to carry on the project activities beyond project life.
- A degree in Business related course with a relevant post-graduate qualification in Project Management; An MBA is desirable with relevant experience in Managing Agribusiness projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted donor-funded development projects in Uganda;
- Several years of experience with market development and inclusive business development;
- Solid experience in project management, preferably in donor funded projects;
- Able to strategically inspire, mentor, coach and energize project teams to effectively deliver the project;
- Multidisciplinary profile to support the different specialists in the team;
- Experience in project Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in managing various stakeholders in both public and private sector;
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
Interested candidates should send their Letter of Expression of interest, updated Resumes, and copies of academic documents as one pdf document to: email@example.com by Wednesday 30th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Yalelo Uganda is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates who meet the requirements are highly encouraged to apply. Yalelo Uganda doesn’t solicit any monies at any stage of the recruitment process.
NB. This Job is Based in Kampala, with occasional movements upcountry.