MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL. TACKLE THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST PROBLEMS.
BUILD EXPERTISE IN AREAS THAT MATTER TO YOU. BECOME A GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT LEADER.
ABOUT DALBERG DATA INSIGHTS
At Dalberg Data Insights, we partner with public and private stakeholders to spark digital transformation and fill data gap across different verticals – namely (i) Agriculture and Food Security; (ii) Public Health; (iii) Gender and Financial Inclusions; (iv) Poverty Alleviation; and (v) Energy – by building local and inclusive data ecosystems. Our data ecosystem approach consists of developing data governance frameworks, data-driven technologies, as well as a community of users, contributors, developers and administrators. Using our products and solutions, local and global communities can better target, implement, and evaluate their programs and initiatives.
For example, we have built data solutions that monitor crop yield for sorghum and maize in northern Uganda based on satellite images. The data products we created based on mobility insights from aggregated and anonymized telecom data, have helped track the spread of COVID19 in Belgium, Ebola in West Africa and Zika and Chikungunya in Brazil. We have used labour market data we capture and interpret to design and pilot a Labour Market Information System in Ethiopia.
Dalberg Data Insights is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the DDI’s experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at DDI, they are essential to our firm’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower our staff to learn by doing, engaging them as core members of project teams from day one.
Dalberg Data Insights is the Big Data entity of Dalberg Group. We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. Comprising Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. Our culture is about trust, empowerment, impact, inclusiveness.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 30 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You are aspiring to tackle global issues, from spread of pandemics to climate change to youth unemployment, ensuring no population is left behind. You are a problem solver and a committed self-starter. You do the extra mile to excel professionally. You are curious and a fast learner.
Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horsepower that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and Dalberg management, Project Managers deliver creative data-driven solutions and results for our clients worldwide. With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
- Master’s in Data Science, Economics or Business
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a manager at a leading international management consultancy and a ‘top performer’ throughout tenure.
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Capacity to structure communication and storyline highlighting key insights and critical steps/requirements – both orally and written
- Experience solving problems with data analysis, modelling, statistics, econometrics, and other analytical tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and work as part of a broader team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Ability to manage clients, understand concerns and requirements and build trust.
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and / or private sector
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, gender empowerment, or the environment
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages (e.g. French) a plus
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
- Lead project teams in solving technical and organisational problems
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients
- Manage complex ecosystem of funders, data holders and data users
- Manage a team of data scientists and successfully drive the implementation of projects
- Coach, manage and support junior team members
- Oversee the quality of client deliverables
JOIN OUR TEAM
This opportunity is in our Kampala and Nairobi offices.
Please submit your application at our Career Center by October 17, 2021 at 11:59 ET.
Your application should include a resume and brief motivation letter. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through case questions and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.