In liaison with the Regional Coordinator, monitor the work of the Regional Hub team, as appropriate.
Ensuring professional quality of the activities and outputs of the Regional Hub team.
In conjunction with the Regional Coordinator, facilitate and coordinate ongoing planning processes, project work plans, budgets and action plans.
Work closely with the Project Administrators to ensure that project teams receive adequate support.
Review project progress with the Regional Coordinator at monthly project control meetings.
Ensure periodic financial, operational, and technical reporting (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) to the UK Programme Manager is completed in a timely manner.
Prepare reports for Regional Coordinator and UK Programme Manager (if appropriate) on project progress as required.
Provide support to the Regional Coordinator for the delivery of the Fleming Fund in West Africa as required.
Support the deployment of country assessment teams within the region as required.
Contribute to the grant management process by fulfilling the roles as defined in the grants management system.
Liaise with the due diligence service provider’s staff on audit of regional grantees where necessary.
Liaise with other Fleming Fund Regional Hubs to share best practice.
Ensure subcontracts and consultancy agreements with third party suppliers meet the stipulated terms and conditions of the client contract and ensure compliance.
Oversee the logistical arrangements of projects including travel bookings, visas etc. for consultants and Regional Hub’s staff as required.
Proactively bring any issues to the attention of the Regional Coordinator and the UK Programme Manager.
Ensure appropriate use of Mott MacDonald’s Business Management Systems (BMS) to deliver the Regional Hub’s activities.
Maintain updated budget versus expenditures tracking and in liaison with the Finance Manager
Ensure completion of deliverables on time to agreed standards.
Ensure quality assurance procedures are agreed with the UK team, known to all, and are being followed.Operations and Commercial Management
Oversee all operational aspect of the Regional Hub, including new office set-up and local entity licensing (if necessary), inter-entity agreement drafting between the Mott MacDonald local entity and Mott MacDonald UK, and lead the operational relationship between the two entities, with support from the UK.
Assist in establishing the Regional Hub team, including recruitment, training, line management of support staff where appropriate, and help to develop it through leadership and mentoring.
Provide operational support for the lifespan of the Fleming Fund programme, e.g. maintain project files in the Regional Hub Project Site, ensure that consultants are adequately briefed, chase progress, format and distribute reports.
Ensure the Regional Hub’s compliance with the procedures established in the Fleming Fund’s Operations Manual or other Standard Operating Procedures, when in place.
Understand and promote the Mott MacDonald operational and commercial policies and procedures.
Liaise with the Finance Manager on the ongoing monitoring and management of the Regional Hub’s budgets using the internal financial management system (PMD).
Prepare client and consultancy agreements and analyse and interpret the stipulated terms and conditions and related risks.
Liaise with sub-consultants on contract and budgetary negotiations as agreed with the UK team.Corporate Responsibilities
Establish good and considerate working relationships with all staff in the division, unit and company as a whole in a way which demonstrates respect for their particular roles and responsibilities.
When required, work closely with immediate colleagues and unit employees to provide a high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Education to degree level, or equivalent, or a professional qualification, in a related/relevant subject.
- experience working in a project manager role
- Experience of being responsible for the contractual management of projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and lead teams, including training and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients and stakeholders constructively and assertively.
- Proven track record of excellent financial and process management skills.
- Working to deadlines, multi-tasking and being flexible to adapt to changing priorities.
- Being proactive and using own initiative to make decisions and take responsibility for actions independently.
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience of training others and the ability to coach and mentor colleagues
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible in approach
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Strategic approach and focus to work
- Ability to identify improvements in processes and follow through on implementation
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
Mott MacDonald is a global engineering and development consultancy committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions.
The International Health Division works in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
As an employee-owned company, Mott MacDonald has the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human well-being and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.