The Unit is an internationally recognized center of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multi-disciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social behavioral research, and the conduct of new interventions on evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018. The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world. The Unit is based at the UVRI Entebbe campus with established outposts in Kalungu, Masaka, Wakiso, and Kampala Districts.
The Unit is now seeking enthusiastic and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
Role Position: Project Manager – (01 Position) – Re-advertised
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Duty Station: Entebbe
Deadline for application: 23rd September 2022
The position holder is responsible for coordinating and supporting the process of first-time GFGP certificates for the MRC/UVRI & LSHTM (MUL) Uganda Research Unit. The role holder will ensure and support activities for drafting and writing policies, procedures, and processes when needed or inadequate for the certification process; ensuring that deadlines are met, holding relevant senior staff to strict deadlines needed to give time to read and make decisions.
A key part of the role will involve the provision of information relating to due diligence requests, managing several regular meetings, coordinating dates and att endees, taking minutes, and maintaining action logs.
The role involves working closely with colleagues and Heads of departments in Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Research Support Office, and Quality departments to ensure continuous improvement compliance of data and documentation.
Roles & Responsibilities;
- To provide full, effective, and proactive administrative support;
- To build and maintain relationships internally and externally and provide a focal point, including ensuring effective communication;
- Provide the first point of contact for correspondence, queries, and prioritization of activities in order to effectively manage both internal and external schedules, long term commitments visits;
- Working with key senior colleagues to make sure that key deadlines are kept
- A relevant first degree in Project Management, or a relevant course;
- Additional Project management and evaluation of qualifications;
- Should possess experience in working in or running a Project management office;
- Demonstrated experience of donor regulations for at least any two (02) of MRC-UKRI, Wellcome Trust, NIHR, USAID/ NIH/US Federal, European Commission, EDCTP, BMFG, WHO, etc;
For detailed job descriptions and procedures for application, please follow the applicati on the link per position. For future employment opportunities, please visit; http://www.mrcuganda.org/jobs
The applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources,
MRC/ UVRI, and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49, Entebbe, Uganda
Only online applications through the link provided will be accepted. You will receive a notification in your email if your application has been successfully received. In the event you are selected as the best candidate for the job, it will be a requirement to present certified copies of academic documents prior to contracting.
This is a re-advertisement, candidates that applied one year back when we first run the same advert do not have to re-apply.