Job: Project Manager-Special Projects.
Function: Airtel Mobile Commerce Uganda Limited (AMCUL).
Reports to: Manager–Partner Acquisition.
Type of Contract: Fixed Term.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
AMCUL &AUL is running projects aimed at increasing penetration of our GSM and Airtel Money solutions across Uganda. The Project manager will act as a focal point for all Grant projects. She/he will work cross-functionally within Airtel (U) Ltd and Airtel Mobile Commerce (U) Ltd to ensure projects success by directing the project team, stakeholder management and owning the overall delivery of the set project key performance indicators.
Key Result Areas
· Developing a project plan and timelines for both projects to fast track the delivery.
· Coaching and guidance to the team members on every aspect of the project to drive understanding and efficient execution of tasks.
· Managing communication with all levels of management within AMCUL/AUL.
· Manage both Internal and External stakeholders.
· Develop processes and procedures to allow hyper-growth post-project implementation.
· Report and escalate to management as and when needed.
· Managing third party vendors; assessing the solutions, service level agreements, performance reviews.
· Accountability of project funds.
· Resources Management across the portfolio to balance conflicting objectives.
· Participate in the training of and development of the Partner team members.
· Monitor performance against the set targets and provide support as required.
· Track project KPIs and deliverables and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on project progress.
· Team management.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social studies, Commerce, or any other related field
· Qualification in PMP will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in Project management, Commercial or Business Development, sales, and relationship management.
· Experience working on grant-based projects.
Skills critical to the role:
· Strong negotiation and project management skills.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to lead, develop and train team members.
· Proficiency in writing reports.
· Excellent Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
· Creativity (out-of-the box thinking).
· Attach copies of all academic documents.
· Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification.
· We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us within 1 week from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Note: Airtel Uganda is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we remain fully committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Interested Candidates are invited to submit their applications to the email address below. Please attach your CV, academic qualifications, and day phone contact. Send Email to: vacancies@ug.Airtel.com and clearly indicate the email subject as “Project Manager AMCUL’’. “Closing date: 30th June ,2022, 5pm!