Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International independent medical humanitarian Organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below;
Job title: Qualitative Researcher
Duty Station: Kasese
Start Work: October
Salary for the position: 4,991,531 UGX
Contract Duration: 3 months fixed Term
Main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Participate in conducting the qualitative component of the mixed-methods study “Evaluation of two HIV Differentiated Services Delivery Models (DSDM) implemented by MSF in Fishermen’s landing sites: Lakes George and Edward, Western Uganda”
• Revise research protocol and study materials including participant recruitment and interview guides for the qualitative approach of the study
• Develop training tools and train qualitative research assistants, supervise and participate in data collection, transcription and translation process
• Conduct data analysis, interpret data and communicate findings through a written qualitative report
• Participate in meetings /discussions/presentations with HQ, Coordination, Project teams and local authorities
• Degree/MA Degree in Nursing, Sociology, Anthropology, Development Studies, Social Sciences In designing, managing and conducting qualitative research in similar context.
• Familiarity with qualitative research methods and analyzing qualitative data
• Previous experience in conducting qualitative research among HIV patients/vulnerable groups Fluency (written and spoken) in English and preferably in one of the local languages (Rutooro and Rukonio)
• Computer software applications such as MS word, Excel, Power Point) and at least one program used for quali ative research (NVIVO or other)
• Empathetic, open, non-judgmental and able to quickly develop trusting rapport with different research partici pants (adolescents, Caretakers and patients)
• Excellent listening skills and ability to ask follow up questions
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application by email. Your application should include; If available samples of published work or reports using qualitative methods, CV, application letter and copies of academic / work certificates) addressed to;
The HR Coordinator
Médecins Sans Frontières
Plot 2329, Block 244, Spear Road Kansanga
NOTE: The candidature files will not be returned. Only photocopies of important documents should be submitted.
NOTE: Only persons responding to the job profile will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
No monetary, goods or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruiting process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday 8th October 2021 @ 16hr