Cordaid is a Dutch international NGO, that believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for just and sustainable societies where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise, and solidarity across borders. We aim at maximizing our social impact and contributing to systemic change. We operate where natural disasters strike, where conflicts tear up communities and where lack of opportunities and service delivery keep families in extreme poverty. Cordaid has been active in Uganda for over 25 years; and our programmes currently focus on three thematic areas: resilience, investments and humanitarian aid.
Cordaid is one of the leading CSO’s in the Netherlands, working in fragile contexts on Health, Resilience, Economic Opportunities, Humanitarian Aid and Security & Justice. Apart from our work abroad we also contribute to new forms of job creation and social innovation in The Netherlands.Cordaid is a member of the international Catholic networks Caritas and CIDSE and we are active in worldwide civil society networks. We work in around 30 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia.
The Regional HR Coordinator will focus on maintaining appropriate procedures in all countries within the Cluster, within the policy and legal frameworks of the countries, and work closely with Cluster and country level staff to support their HR needs and liaise at global level with the HR office. He or she is a member of the Cordaid global HR Community of Practice and Cluster management team.
The Regional HR Coordinator will provide HR hands on work and oversight for ESA Cluster office and country offices in accordance with Cordaid regulations and country specific labour laws. The HRC will coordinate and act on day to day issues relating to HR in ESA Cluster Office with hands on work and coordination responsibility for Human Resource Coordination in Country offices within ESA Cluster (Regional and National staff), ensuring the delivery of the highest possible quality HR services and taking care that employees’ needs and issues in the Cluster are addressed, and enabling high performing teams with adequate updated rewarding systems.
Contract information: One Year, renewable based on performance and funds availability
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position type: National
Supervisor: Cluster Director/Country Director
Supervises: Communications Intern in Uganda (TBA), and coordinates cluster communications with appointed focal points in Kenya, Rwanda and Zimbabwe
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Annual Communications Plan
- Translate the GO Communications and Cluster strategy into communication goals for specific countries in the form of an annual plan and budget. Responsible for realizing, executing, and evaluating the communications plan during the year, and adjusting where necessary
- Create content campaigns that align with the organization’s vision and goals and cultivate and strengthen relationships with institutional donors, partner organizations and other stakeholders. Research, track and analyze new communication opportunities for Cordaid Uganda to maintain a competitive position within the institutional donor space
Marketing and communication
- Coordinate the delivery of quality information and communication materials serving public support activities by the GO (including fundraising), targeting the general public, congregations, private funds, equity funds and other (institutional) target groups
- Coordinate the development, updating and maintenance of strategic communication channels for institutional content, including our website and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook)
- Coordinate the design of our programmatic advocacy messages and materials, support and develop materials for conferences and meetings, ensuring adherence to the Cordaid brand in production to increase visibility in the region
- Coordinate the writing/editing and dissemination of case studies and success stories through relevant communication platforms
- Plan, develop, support, and promote collaborative tools and techniques such as communities of practice to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners
- Establish contacts and sources to use in future research
- Support in writing program development documents to donors and partners
- Adheres to the code of conduct and Integrity Policies, reports concerns and follows regular integrity trainings. This is a medium-risk position, with moments of direct supervised contact with communities and regular travels
Other. Any other duties assigned by the manager
Key Result Areas
- Cluster Communication Strategy Development
- Content Research and Development
- Proposal Writing
- Programme Development
- Marketing and Communication
- Story Telling
- BSc degree in creative writing, journalism, mass communication or related field
- Min. 2 years freelance or agency writing experience
- Experience in proposal development and evidence of that
- Experience in unit work plan and budget development processes
- Experience in report writing and editing
- Experience in managing (online) content marketing platforms
- Experience coordinating media agencies and houses
- Experience managing multi-media communications campaigns
- At least 2 years of experience in advocacy
- Good knowledge of the social, economic and political situation in the region and local communication methods
- Excellent teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent critical thinking and demonstrate experience with impact stories, reports and interviews
- Good command of English; and knowledge of French would be an added advantage
- Personal Integrity
- Creative and Innovative
- Open and outgoing
- Results Oriented
- People skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Ability to work independently under pressure and proactive work style
- Affinity with the Catholic character of Cordaid
Terms of employment
- The Cordaid Human Resource Manual is applicable.
- 40 hours a week
Please note that Cordaid has integrated background checks in the recruitment procedures. Having implemented a broad integrity framework, we apply an interagency scheme to prevent misconduct and will ask for written references in the final stages of the recruitment procedure.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should go to https://icco.hrmagic.co/careers/job?id=Nzc1 and apply online. Ensure you fill in all the required fields and submit accordingly. The final deadline for submissions is Friday 18th February at 11:55 hrs. Only online applications submitted before the deadline will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.