Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
Launched in August 2020, the Region is known as the East African Region (EAR), encompassing 3 countries (Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda). The regional programme hub is based in Kampala, Uganda. The regional set-up of the structure is almost complete, led by the Regional Director. The three countries each have vibrant programmes, with experienced staff and strong presence in both humanitarian and development context. HI in Kenya and Rwanda have been operational since the early 1990s, and Uganda since 2017. All three countries implement a number of projects under similar technical domains such as Rehabilitation, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Inclusive Education, Livelihoods and Resilience but each also have their own specific technical focus in other areas. The Programme works with local partners, and ensure strong advocacy on the rights of persons with disabilities.
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
The security context within the Region is calm and stable, but is naturally affected by the instability in countries like the Congo and South Sudan.
- As Interim Regional Logistics Manager, you will drive the Logistics strategy in the new region, responsible for ensuring the quality and efficiency of the standard systems, procedures and policies for the regional structure, as well as ensuring the countries in the regional program are aligned to these systems.
- You will be the direct line manager of the country level Logistics Managers of Kenya and Rwanda.
- You will also be expected to oversee the Logistics Department for the Uganda programme. Management of the team, ensuring strong compliance of systems and procedures, and training of the logistic staff will be a requirement. Furthermore, improving the operational logistics in support of the field activities will be a key responsibility of this position.
- You have master’s Degree in the relevant fields of Logistics, Procurement, etc..
- You have practiced more than 5 years working experience in management of teams in humanitarian or development programs.
- You are organized and you have good reaction capacities
- You are fluent in English and French
- Previous experience with HI is appreciate
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
The country is currently facing an outbreak of Ebola, with a total of 90 confirmed cases. The HI mission in Uganda is monitoring the situation and ensuring full prevention and protection measures are being taken. COVID is still present in the country but with negligible official cases at this period of time.
The position is both a regional and country level one and will require travel not only within Uganda to the project sites, but to Rwanda and Kenya. Travel requirements between the 3 countries will be determined in consultation with the Regional Director and the Kenya and Rwanda Country Managers.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 9 months International contract starting from 15th, January 2022
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2 870€ gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 632, 67€ net/month – paid in the field
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
- R&R: according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per month + possible transport/package support.
- open to couples (from 3 months of mission)
- Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income/
- Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to Apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.