FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Project Description: Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (Epic), a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by FHI 360.
In Uganda, Epic supports Ministry of Health (MOH) and its partners to improve COVID-19 vaccine uptake across the We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions below.
Regional Program Coordinator
Duration: locum for 120 working days
Reports: Senior Advisor for Vaccine Service Delivery
Number of positions: 35
Station: Epic-FHI 360 offices in Kampala, with frequent (>75%) travel to various districts in Uganda.
Reporting to the Vaccine Service Delivery, the Regional
Program Coordinator will primarily be responsible for coordinating the project’s regional and district level technical assistance activities. He/she will closely work with the regional implementing partners to jointly identify unfunded priorities for COVID-19 vaccine uptake (as per the MOH mop-up plans) and work with the Epic Operations teams to ensure that appropriate inputs for priorities are provided. S/he will represent Epic at regional and district level coordination, planning and performance review meetings. These are several positions based in various regions across the country.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Closely work and coordinate with regional implementing partners to ensure that vaccine service delivery inputs are available to enable district teams improve access to and availability of COVID-19 vaccines for all eligible population groups Work with regional implementing partners to continuously monitor daily vaccination data and district and subdistrict vaccination coverage, strategies, approaches, indicators, and service delivery approaches in assigned region; and anticipate pain points and proactively engage in identifying solutions to support the districts in achieving their COVID-19 vaccination targets.
• Work with regional partners to assist district teams to develop and update micro plans, identify funding gaps, and collaborate with the Epic operations team to effect payment for identified activities
• Work with the Epic Uganda knowledge management specialist to develop case studies, success stories, reports and other documents required by the client or FHI 360 HQ.
• Provide necessary advice on quality assurance and quality improvement approaches to improve service delivery at vaccination sites.
• Proactively coordinate with Epic and FHI 360 operations and finance support teams to ensure that field level inputs are provided in a timely and efficient manner
• Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or Social Sciences, and a masters or higher qualification in public health, clinical medicine, epidemiology, or a related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience supporting implementation of MOH programs at regional level, preferably vaccination programs
• Demonstrated experience in microplanning for improving coverage of vaccination programs.
• Demonstrated experience in building capacity of regional and subnational staff on various aspects of vaccination program.
• Experience in vaccine micro-planning, coordination of training, development of guidelines, training materials and tools is highly desirable
• Experience in strengthening supportive supervision, quality assurance and quality improvement desirable
• Ability to conduct and deliver thorough analysis, report writing and dissemination of information to a broad range of audiences
• Experience with working on a donor-funded project preferred
• English fluency required.
Position open to Ugandan nationals or individuals who have the legal authority to work in Uganda
The Field Program Activity Monitors will be based in various regions of the country, with occasional travel to Epic-FHI 360 offices in Kampala
How to apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than 21 June 2022 at 5:00pm. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted