Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
Launched in August 2020. the Region is known as the East African Region (EAR), encompassing 3 countries (Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda). The regional programme hub is based in Kampala, Uganda. The regional set-up is complete, led by the Regional Director and the Regional Senior Management Team.
All three countries implement a number of projects under similar technical domains such as Rehabilitation, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Inclusive Education, Livelihoods and Resilience but each also have their own specific technical focus in other areas. The Programme works with local partners, and ensure strong advocacy on the rights of persons with disabilities.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
The position is both a regional and country level one and will require travel not only within Uganda to the project sites, but to Rwanda and Kenya. Travel requirements between the 3 countries will be determined in consultation with the Regional Director and the Kenya and Rwanda Country Managers.
Under the Regional Program Director the Technical Unit Manager contributes to the implementation of HI mandate and 10-year strategy within his/her programme. He/she is the driving force behind the technical quality development of the social missions within his/her scope, and ensures that the quality and impact of the projects implemented in the programme are optimised, in line with the priorities defined in the Technical Strategies.
The Technical Unit Manager is responsible for the field specialist teams, MEAL/IM teams and Business Development.
Be the manager of the Technical Unit team members.
Exemplary Manager, Meaningful manager, Manager Manager, Manager 1st HR & Coach
- Strategy and management
- Development of the social mission with Business Development
Defines the program’s funding strategy for new themes or innovations in existing sectors, ensures the development of opportunities for each theme within its perimeter, steers the geographical development of HI sectors, and ensures the conformity of the technical proposal with nexus issues.
- Quality standards and expertise / With the MEAL and technical profiles of the Program
Controls and monitors the technical quality and relevance of HI activities within its scope:
- Ensure external representation and promotion of HI’s expertise in its field.
- Emergency preparedness and response responsibilities
Leads the emergency preparedness actions in his/her department and, in case of emergency, reorganizes the priorities of his/her team according to the humanitarian imperative, in order to ensure a rapid and efficient response from HI.
- You hold a master degree in the intervention sector: international cooperation, development and humanitarian
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in humanitarian development with experience in project management (multi or complex)
- You are able to develop team members: developing the ability of employees to work independently
- You are experienced in planning, monitoring and coordinating
- You have a proven experience in strategy intervention
- You have experience in developing and implementing fundraising strategy
- Experience in external engagement with donors, partners, and government
- You are experienced in capacity building and training of teams
- You are fluent in both English and French
- You are resilient to stress and uncertainty
- You have a previous experience working in humanitarian/development programs in Africa is an asset
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 36 months International contract starting from 15th March 2023
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2869 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 632,67 € net/month – paid in the field
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year
- R&R: according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per month
- open to couples
- open to families
- a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
- Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
- Family-wide health coverage
- Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
- Housing: individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to Apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.