The Ministry of Works and Transport is implementing a Multinational Lake Victoria Communication and Transport Project (MLVMCT) funded by the African Development
Bank intended to enhance and promote Safety of life and property while on the inland Waterways of Uganda.
One of the core objectives of the project is the establishment and implementation of Search and Rescue (SAR) Centres across the water ways of Uganda. These shall be equipped with rescue boats and trained crews, medical facilities and counsellors, to among others off er prompt SAR services to the people and vessels and aircrafts in distress, offer First Aid and medical attention to victims.
Recruitment will take place from the respective districts where the nine (9) SAR centres will be established as follows; Lake Victoria – Kaazi landing site, Masese Landing site, Mwena Landing Site, Buvuma landing site, Masese landing site and Lwanika landing site, Lake Albert – Kaiso landing site and Panyimur Landing site and Lake Kyoga – Zengebe landing site.
Applicants should submit their applications with a recent passport photograph, a copy of the National Identity card, curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic documents.
Position: Rescue Boat Operator (RBO)
No. of Positions: Eighteen (18)
Type of Employment: Contract
Age limit: 25 years and above
Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in responding to Maritime Search and Rescue (SAR) missions from a boat.
2. Maintain responsibility for the safety and conduct of crew and passengers, safe operation and navigation of the boat, and completion of missions.
3. Conduct day to day drills and patrols as per schedules issued.
4. Responsible for radio communications during Maritime SAR emergency phases and maintenance of related preparedness.
5. Assist in the evacuation of victims of a maritime-related incident to a safe place for medical attention and counselling.
6. Assist in offering of first aid to victims of maritime related incidences.
1. Should have attained at least a minimum of one Principal pass in either Geography, Physics or Mathematics at Uganda Advanced Certi fi cate of Education (A ‘Level).
2. Should have a minimum of a credit in English and Mathematics at O-level
3. Must be medically fit
4. Should have experience of at least 2 years in boat-related operations.
Skills and Competencies:
1. Ethics and integrity
2. Time management skills
3. Ability to Adapt to multicultural setti ngs
4. Must be fluent at English speaking
5. Must be computer literate
6. Capacity to work in a team.
7. Personal Survival Techniques on water
8. First Aid and Firefi ghti ng skills
Applicants should be from one of the following respective districts;
All applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport and delivered to the Security Registry, Ministry Headquarters, Old Port Bell Road, Kampala not later than 9th December 2020.
i) Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ii) Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.