For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
Job Title: Research Assistants (Part time)
Organization:Save the children Uganda
Duty Station:Eastern Region ( Kaabong and Karenga)
The Research Assistants willwork on a Part time basis in different projects. The Research Assistants will be expected to conduct some MEAL related tasks as required across all the programmes in the region such as data collection, entry, analysis as needed, reporting writing after completion of the activity. Additionally the RA will ensure quality of the data being collected and safety of the assets like phones, Support in translation and transcription of research content in the local language as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Research Assistant Part time job vacancy must hold a minimum of a senior six (S.6)and maximum of degree from a recognized institution/ or proven strong research experience
- Strong skills in data collection and use of statistical analysis packages like SPSS, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, resourcefulness, and initiative to identify and gather relevant data
- Ability to work with Children, local government officials and development partners to achieve the goals
- Ability to use MEAL related technology like Kobo, COMM Care etc.
- Previous experience in any community surveys will be an added advantage
- Must be willing to work extra hours and travel long distances in rural settings.
- Ability to speak English, and any of the following languages;Nga’karamajong, Pokot, Swahili and Lep-Thur Languages
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send letters of application, current CV together with academic documents. The applications should be sent by email to Jane.Ayenyochan@savethechildren.org. Or hand delivery at Save the Children Kaabong Office.
NOTE: Remember to indicate the District you are applying for and attach your documents as one single file
Deadline is 20thNovember 2020 at Midnight.