Job title: School Administrator
The School Administrator will provide general administrative support of the school’s short and long-term objectives performing duties that contribute to the day-to-day strategic direction of the school.
- Liaises and works with other administrators and staff member to ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to and resources to implement them are available.
- Assists other administrative roles in ensuring school-wide implementation of systems and procedures that ensure administrative efficiency.
- Supports and supervises the front desk staff to ensure that school procedures are followed and all visitors and parents are received with satisfaction.
- Works with the school leadership to implement the school’s goals, progress towards goals, areas of growth and action plans.
- Schedules, organizes venues, attends and minutes meetings.
- Participates in the policy and procedures development process
- Provide any administrative support as required
- Performs a wide range of clerical and secretarial support including official letters, newsletters, proposals, reports in reference to school standards.
- Reviews documents for accuracy, completeness, and conformity with established procedures.
c) Public Relations and Marketing
- Collaborate with management to seek public relations and marketing opportunities in line with school objectives and recruitment of students.
- Liaising with administration and section coordinators to create public relations and marketing content.
- Engage in out of school field activities for marketing purposes so as to create school publicity and enroll students
- Communicates respectfully, professionally and thoughtfully with all Horizon stakeholders remaining sensitive to different cultures, values and needs.
- Develops and supports effective and timely communication amongst senior management team, staff, students, and parents.
- Advises, plans and assists with a range of Communication activities and platforms such as special school days, workshops, meetings
- Drafts and proofreads intended messages before they are circulated to ensure timeliness, grammar correctness, relevance, consistency and effectiveness
- Assists in the preparation of presentations and/ speeches aimed towards staff, students and parents.
- Performs other duties as required by the school administration
- Minimum academic qualification is a Bachelors’ Degree in Education, Law, Management, communication and/or a related field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse working environment with minimum supervision and maximum productivity.
- Proven administrative, organization, communication, interpersonal and excellent ICT skills
- Experience within either an international school or national school setting is required.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, good personal character and professional conduct.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.