Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements and coordinates Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges: climate change, urbanisation, human mobility, peace and security as well as economic and social inequality. The organisation also promotes global citizenship. With over 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda is seeking to recruit a Sector Expert – Skilling based in Kampala.
The expert will work for the Skills, Attitude, Governance and Anti-corruption (SG+) project funded by the European Union. They will provide and coordinate the necessary technical input required to achieve the expected project results. The expert will also ensure knowledge building and management as well as accompany change and strengthen the capacity of implementing partners.
Major roles and responsibilities
- You provide input for planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities with the aim of creating optimal conditions for implementing the project within the set frameworks and in accordance with the strategy choices and decisions of the steering committee and donor.
- You support the strategic steering of the project in order to achieve the goals in accordance with set objectives and with the optimal use of available resources
- You organize knowledge building and Management in order to create an inclusive and informed climate of trust within the project
- You facilitate capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organization processes, systems and staff competences
Access the full job description via the link: http://gofile.me/6QZru/xDAT4mNSJ
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
Required qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in technical fields, social sciences/ business management & administration/ education or a comparable field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in skilling, education, training/employment or related work.
- Experience working for a bilateral or multilateral agency.
- Relevant experience in strategic change management of private sector organizations.
- Relevant experience in facilitating the cooperation between training institutions and private sector stakeholders is an advantage.
Required skills and knowledge
- You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- Familiar with management for results.
- Knowledgeable about change theories and system approaches.
- Knowledgeable about knowledge management, organizational learning and knowledge building.
- Tech-savvy, (ICT skills in word, excel, power point and internet)
- Basic knowledge of project implementation cycle and project management.
- Creative thinker.
- Proactive; takes initiative and responsibility.
- Team player
- Willing to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel. Click the link to read them https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values)
We offer you
- An exciting and varied learning experience in an international environment and warm team.
- A 12-month contract
- A package that comprises a monthly gross salary between UGX 10,000,000 and UGX 13,000,000, medical insurance, and 13th month.
- Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely based on competence.
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted for possible sourcing in the next three years for similar job openings.
Are you interested?
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and an updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages maximum via this link: https://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/4648801/
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 30th September, 11:59 pm (EAT)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.