Number of Vacancies: One (1)
Reports To: Head of Finance and Enterprise Development
Job Purpose: Facilitate and monitor program and office financial and accounting processes, ensuring that the financial information is disclosed in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IRCU strategy, policies, guidelines and procedures.
Key Result Areas:
- Prudent control of income and expenditure and generally the financial administration of the IRCU
- Participate in the preparation of financial records and reporting
- Management of Staff Payroll
- Support the staff of IRCU in developing clear and realistic funding plans, budgets and forecasts to achieve IRCU strategic goals.
- To maintain regular links and strengthen established networks with other departments and stakeholders to maintain an updated information database and enable changes in systems and policies as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Finance or Business Administration majoring in Accounting
- A Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Finance, and Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Professional certification with ACCA, CIMA or CPA is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Navision system
- At least five (5) years of working experience in a multi donor-funded organization is an added advantage
- High Level of integrity
- Knowledge of accounting information processing packages
- Written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively within all levels in the organization
- Interpersonal skills
- Reporting /writing skills
HOW TO APPLY
Evidenced work experience shall be required for all positions. Female qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. All positions are based at the Secretariat with frequent upcountry travels.
To view the detailed job descriptions, visit our website http://www.ircu.or.ug/opportunities
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter indicating 3 referees, one of whom should have been a direct supervisor.
You are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a religious leader of your place of worship.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 31st May, 2022 at 5:00p.m.
Inter-Religious Council of Uganda is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.