Key Roles and responsibilities
- Ensuring all transactions are posted timely and accurately
- Assisting with the preparation of the month-end schedules
- Daily and monthly reconciliation.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations for the Company bank accounts.
- Ensuring financial controls are adhered to.
- Assist with the preparation of payments to suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations e.g. returns submitted and taxes paid on time.
- Receiving and authenticate invoices and/ or statements from suppliers checking for accuracy, procurement process and supporting documents.
- Ensuring that expenses are duly supported by an Invoice, Delivery Note, Goods Received Note, LPO/Contract, Purchase Requisition etc.
- Handle queries from creditors as they arise and on a timely basis.
- Managing the filing and archiving of all the documents related to creditors handled.
- Participate in and support internal and external audits by producing the required data and supporting documents and/ or schedules.
- Maintain digital and physical financial records.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and assist in monthly depreciation and schedules.
- Annual asset verification and tagging.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Com or BA in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant field
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) Competencies
- 3-5 years’ work experience as a Senior Accountant
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting
- Proficiency in Excel and experience of using accounting software a bonus
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Note: All applications must be addressed to the office of the Medical Director, Kumi Hospital. Attach your CV, cover letter, and confidential letters from two referees and relevant academic documents as a single PDF document.
Deadline for receiving applications is: Friday November 25, 2022; 5:00pm
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
Detailed Job advert can be accessed at https://kumihospital.org/pages/E03.htm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Kumi Hospital Noticeboard