Job Title: Senior Accountant – 1 Post
Reports to: Director Finance and Administration
Reference: FZ/EXT/2022/23- 03
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
To provide technical support in the preparation of financial statements and management reports, budget execution and accountability and oversee general accounting operations to ensure sound management of financial resources of the Authority
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To prepare routine and periodic financial statements and reports;
- To ensure budget monitoring to avoid mischarges and over/under expenditure;
- To ensure up-to-date books of accounts, financial records;
- To ensure accuracy of information entered in the Financial Management System;
- To prepare monthly budget performance reports;
- Preparing and periodic update of the Asset register;
- To support the Planning Unit in the preparation of the budget, consolidation and facilitate budget execution;
- To provide technical advice and guidance on financial management matters to ensure compliance;
- To review responses and advise on oversight issues, including audit queries relating to financial management and accountability;
- Perform spot checks on imprest to ensure timely accountability for funds;
- Stores management;
- Perform any other tasks/duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail and ability to produce high quality work;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging targets and deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong Computer skills;
- Self-motivation and capability to work under tight deadline in a competitive environment; and
- High moral integrity.
- An honours bachelor’s Degree majoring in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or any other related field with a bias in Accounting;
- Should possess a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIPFA;
- Must be a member of ICPAU.
A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in financial accounting, management accounting and taxation in a reputable institution
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates who are suitably qualified should send their applications together with a comprehensive curriculum Vitae with daytime contact details and three (3) referees and their full contact addresses, copies of academic testimonials and certificates as well as other relevant professional credentials to email@example.com
The application and all attachments should be sent as one file in PDF format properly labelled with the Applicants name.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 16th June 2023 at 5.30 p.m. Only applications sent by email will be considered.
Successful candidates shall be offered contracts subject to the rationalisation guidelines of Government.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Uganda Free Zones Authority,
6th Floor, Communications House
Plot 1, Colville Street,
P.O. Box 37578,
UFZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.