MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position
Job Title: Senior Auditor – Financial Operations
Reports to: Senior Manager – Financial & Operational Audit
Division: Internal Audit & Forensic Services
No. of Vacancies: 2
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
Main Job Functions:
- Plans and conducts audit/investigations of assigned activities or operations relating to the financial, operational, and administrative functions of the Company:
- Prepares audit reports and submits them for the supervisor’s review, approval and submission to the relevant auditees and the General Manager Internal Audit function:
- Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Conducts data extraction and analysis, utilizing software tools.
- Provide input into the combined assurance plan according to the strategic objectives and the associated risks.
- Assess the risks inherent in the company’s processes and recommend measures to mitigate them.
- Execution of the financial and operational audit assignments indicated in the combined assurance plan and ensure compliance to Group stipulated methodology.
- Provide support to other assurance processes to ensure that the overall opinion incorporates the risks identified in the underlying information systems.
- Foster a culture of risk awareness within the company.
- Facilitate the business in accelerated resolution of outstanding audit points:
- Monitor the operation of identified controls and recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Identify the significant risks associated with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure that the knowledge gained from consulting engagements is incorporated into audit assignments and overall audit plan.
- Coordinate ad hoc audits including crises management.
- Continuously identify and communicate areas where the Continuous control Monitoring framework can be utilized.
- Ensure the existence and ongoing adherence to the policies, procedures, methodologies and standards within the internal audit function.
- Communicate the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management for inclusion into quarterly audit and risk committee reports
- Provide input into the allocated sections quarterly audit and risk committee reports.
- Advise management on issues pertaining to risk management, internal controls and corporate governance processes.
- Manage the performance of teams and team members.
- Conduct continuous control Monitoring of key aspects of financial and operational processes allocated.
- Conduct the necessary quality assurance procedures in accordance with the Group Internal audit methodology.
- Complete the allocated audit assignments on a timely basis bearing in mind value addition to the business.
- Seek ways in which to add value to the client’s business and bring this to the client’s and the supervisor’s attention.
- At least a good university degree in business, engineering, or mathematical courses or in a related field from a recognized institution
- Professional Certification in accounting/Auditing CIA, CPA, ACCA or CISA.
- For added advantage experience;-
- Use of CAATs specifically ACL exchange
- GSM and None GSM (Mobile Financial Services) assurance.
- Minimum of 4 years in an internal audit function within a telecom environment or 2 years in external audit specializing in business process assurance with a reputable audit firm. At least 2 years of managerial experience will be required.
- Sound knowledge of risks & controls
- Broad working knowledge of auditing techniques and standards .
- Working with senior management and exposure to general telecom and or service industry operations.
- Analytical + statistical skills
- Presentation skills
- Planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including report writing
- Project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in English
- Internal audit,
- Fraud management,
- Business risk management,
- Internal controls,
- Revenue assurance/protection
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply