M-KOPA is seeking dynamic individuals to take a key position within the Uganda Management Team.
The individual would excel at solving strategic business problems as well as at achieving operational improvements. He or she would be equally comfortable between conducting analyses and supporting field operations. The role will support the business on key internal strategic, business development, data analytics, research, operational, and cross-department projects that drive commercial success.
The role requires strong analytics and a track record of driving business impact.
1. Drive Value and Business Improvements
- Assisting M-KOPA Uganda’s Management in identifying, analyzing, problem solving and executing on the business’s highest priority problems, questions, and initiatives
- Drive strategic, operational, and cross-functional improvement initiatives across the company
- Manage and work with teams across the business to implement, execute, and operationalize business improvement initiatives to become operationally self-sufficient
- Support company-wide strategic projects such as international expansion, new product and channel development
- Work as a liaison and thought partner with M-KOPA’s Group business intelligence, market development and commercial and operational teams to drive improvements in M-KOPA Uganda
2. Drive Insights from Research and Analysis
- Oversee M-KOPA’s piloting and research priorities to drive key business insights
- Conduct original research and drive rapid and rigorous analyses
- Upskill staff in how to use research methodologies and analytical tools to support critical decision-making
- Drive thinking on new ways M-KOPA can understand its customers, products, channels, etc. and convert these into action plans for the business
- Drive continuous improvement in the operations of the business
3. Operational Change Management
- Lead key operational change projects within the business to ensure successful change management
- Use data analytics, modelling, and deep field experience to understand complex problems and recommend practical and easy to operate solutions
- Drive results within the business, e.g., through greater sales, better engagement, improved credit
- Be an inspiring and strong leader and manager within the overall M-KOPA business
- Business Intelligence Languages
- Data mining
- Bachelor’s Degree
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. The company was founded in 2011 by former executives behind M-PESA (the world’s leading mobile payment platform) on the belief that mobile technology could revolutionize energy services in emerging markets the same way it has already revolutionized the delivery of communications and financial services.