Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Reports to: Head Enterprise Architecture and Standards
Directorate: Office of the Executive Director
Location: UNRA Headquarters
This position is responsible for acting in a consultative and mentoring role to business units and project teams to identify, analyze and implement continuous process improvement and best practices for all areas of the Organization. This includes facilitating intermediate to complex process improvement efforts, data collection and analysis of information and processes that impact achievement of enterprise goals including financial, operational, compliance, and stakeholder satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify improvement opportunities and engineers’ solutions;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies, plans, control measures and success criteria;
- Conduct feasibility studies to determine applicability of project ideas to strategic business needs (i.e. cost-benefit analysis and business case development) as well as assist in prioritization of projects and initiatives flowing into the Process Improvement programs;
- Facilitate process improvement meetings and workshops including business process reengineering sessions and brainstorming sessions;
- Create value stream diagrams / process mapping to document current and future state business processes;
- Perform detailed analysis of workflows and processes as well as researches and identify benchmarking and best practice opportunities;
- Create project recommendation documentation involving strategies and plans to enhance business processes and models for delivery to business units and process owners.
- Conduct and/or provide oversight of time studies and efficiency reviews;
- Provide training, mentoring, coaching and leadership to peers, project team members and organization on process improvement tools and techniques.
Required Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- Certification in Business Analysis is an added advantage.
Experience and Knowledge
- Two (2) or more years of relevant work experience in business process improvement including process design and re-design, data analytics, and process monitoring and control as well as the use of process improvement methodologies and tools to eliminate defects and/or waste in products and processes, improve costs, cycle time and customer satisfaction;
- Basic to Intermediate level of technical competency in business process mapping design and modeling, as well as in process improvement methodologies and tools.
- Intermediate analytical and creative thinking skills, including the ability to apply and interpret intermediate to complex statistical analysis, competence in collecting and analyzing data, organizing materials and developing appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including oral, written, facilitation, mediation, collaboration and presentation skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently as well to work effectively in a team-based environment,
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and train individuals, as well as serve as a subject-matter-expert, on process improvement tools and techniques.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to develop subordinates.
- Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage/supervise multi skilled teams and deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.