The Senior Desktop Support role is responsible for the support and smooth operation of 1st and 2nd line support for computer users at the project site and related sites.
Responsible for 1st line End User support, 2nd line End User support, Printer Consumables and meter readings, Setup and support Cell phones, Client printer support, Computer and peripherals installations and relocations, Other application support (Office, Mail), Asset Administration, all based on the needs of the project.
Communicates with Project IT Manager, Project and Construction Management Team, corporate IT, area IT, end users, JV partners and vendors. Participates in the PMT site meetings and emergency planning.
Works closely with Corporate IT and the business in determining how technology might assist in addressing their needs and requirements.
Successful candidates must have 10 or more years of relevant experience and recognized expertise in large international onshore/offshore oil and gas projects with at least 5 years of supervisory experience. The working environment is multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Clients and Contractors. Strong communication skills, fluent spoken and written English.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- 1st line End User support
- 2nd line End User support
- Printer Consumables and meter readings
- Visitor coordinator
- Client printer support
- Computer and peripherals installations and relocations
- Other application support (Office, Mail)
- Asset Administration
- Apply OS and firmware patches and upgrades subject to approval from Corporate functions
- Upgrade and Configure infrastructure systems and software as needed
- Maintain IT room (IT Hub) and colocation facilities environmental and monitoring equipment
- Mentor junior staff in skill advancement and fill in knowledge gaps of your specialty
- Provide status reports to Project IT Manager and project personnel
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications
- Work closely with the end users and others to understand and prioritize needs
- Assist the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs
- Ensure IT operations at McDermott Business Project sites are delivered successfully and are in line with McDermott’s IT standards, processes and procedures
- Manage relationship with internal and external customers
- Actively update and monitor site incidents
- Actively update and monitor site and transferred assets
- Actively update and monitor site and transferred users
- New user onboarding and documentation
- Ensure the project IT operates per MDR unifi standards for adherence to the IT Execution Plan, IT Project schedules, budget, change log, risk register and procurement logs.
- Update Project documentation and communications
- Ensure System changes are documented and updated in EDMS
- Log Lessons Learned and solutions
- Ensure IT industry standards are followed
- Maintain and instill ITIL procedures and processes into daily work schedules
- Prepare CAB submittals for project changes
- Keep technical team aware of housekeeping issues
- Ensure that the National Content Plan is followed by all parties (McDermott and Subcontractors).
- Managing the training and advancement of local employees and ensuring that knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures are included.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
- 5+ years of Information Technology experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Recognized professional qualifications, preferred:
- ITIL Certification(s)
- Microsoft Certification(s)
- Demonstrated experience of providing IT services to Oil & Gas EPC industry
- Demonstrated understanding/experience working as part of an on-site IT team supporting at least 200 users in the engineering or construction industry
- Knowledge of the delivery of IT to remote locations
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Office 365 knowledge at a high level
- Windows Server OS & Active Directory knowledge at a high level
- Ability to identify, suggest and implement process improvements within the System Administration function.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions