The role holder will be responsible for maintaining accurate and complete financial records for Britam Asset Managers (Uganda) Limited and assigned Funds. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all procedures and processes are carried out within the set guidelines and targets as assigned.
- Preparation of management and financial reports for Britam Asset Managers Uganda (the company) and assigned funds including; Money Market, Umbrella and Fixed Income Money Market, utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and analyzing costs/ revenues and provide explanations for unusual and/or inconsistent trends.
- Oversee the functions of the monthly, quarterly and annual book close cycles, monitoring timely completion and escalating issues for resolution.
- Prepare financial statement schedules, audit support schedules and other reports in a timely manner to facilitate both Internal and External Audits for the Company and the Funds
- Prepare annual financial budgets for board approval and monitor performance against budget.
- Prepare and file the monthly and quarterly returns for the company and the funds to CMA Uganda
- Prepare monthly and annual tax returns to URA and coordinate with the Tax resource to resolve any tax matters for the company and the funds.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and other relevant regulatory bodies including Capital Markets Authority, Uganda Revenue Authority, NSSF
- Suggest process improvement initiatives and provide solutions to enhance internal controls and procedures
- Preparation of the annual financial budgets in collaboration with the business teams.
- Fosters the development of teammates by sharing expertise and experience through training or reviewing their work and provide feedback on performance
- Coordinate the invoicing and timely collection of fund management fees receivable
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned
Key Performance Measures:
As described in your Personal Score Card
Key Working Relationships:
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- All Departments
- Regulatory bodies
- Professional Bodies
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fully qualified accountant with ACCA or CPA
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably in the Asset Management business
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, leading meetings and interacting with increasingly higher levels of management to gather information and effectively present results/recommendations.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledges high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the departmental strategy and organisational values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing– Gains clear agreement and commitment from team members; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and/or department; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks fluently; expresses team objectives, opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of the team and to their reactions and feedback when communicating; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during everyday interactions.
- Analysing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue in the team or department may be a part of a much larger system / issue in the organisation.
- Planning and Organising – Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks, projects and team objectives; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations– Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project and team goals.