Senior Fleet Officer
Country/Region: Uganda Country Office
Location: Kampala, Uganda with regular travel to field sites
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about quality, impactful, evidence-based, scalable programs for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
Sounds interesting? Read more below
The role holder will assist and ensure smooth operations fleet function at country office in consultation with the Fleet Coordinator. The job holder assists the Transport team to align their reports with the fuel used. In addition, the job holder, will assist the Safety and Security Focal point in ensuring adherence to SCI Safety and Security standards for protection of SCI staff and assets from safety and security risks.
|Key Accountability Areas.
In line with SCI Fleet Policy and Procedures;
|Operational Management of Fleet
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- A minimum of a Degree in Transport / Fleet Management or Logistics from a recognized University
- Previous work experience of at least 3 years in management of fleet in a busy work environment preferably in INGO setting.
- General understanding of Fuel management processes and procedures, vehicle monitoring and records keeping.
- Skills in vehicle planning, scheduling, dispatching and real time vehicle location.
- Must have a Valid driving license for all classes.
- Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics is an advantage.
- Full computer literacy on Windows systems and software is mandatory.
- Analytical, good documentation, basic budgetary and financial management skills.
- Good personal and communication skills.
- Time management.
- Thorough – takes pride in delivering high quality work and gives a high level of attention to detail.
- Self- motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience working in a range of country contexts.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 10th March 2023 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organizational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognize that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfill our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.