Reports to: Manager Human Resources & Administration
Department: Human Resources & Administration
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design airline-specific strategies and policies consistent with the vision, mission, goals, and mandates.
- Aviation risk Management within the department and recommend mitigation strategies as per industry practice.
- Design and plan policy programs to achieve the strategies in the areas of airline organizational development, performance management, workforce planning, staff development, and organizational culture.
- Develop and oversee airline quantitative and creation of predictive models used for enhancing forecasting accuracy and improving workforce decision-making.
- Consolidate the organization’s Training Plan(Mandatory and soft) and ensure its implementation through departmental follow-ups and monthly training reports to the Manager Human Resources.
- Develop the airline training budget and ensure it is monitored and is cost-effective with value.
- Design the induction/indoctrination materials and videos for all staff and ensure the process is carried out as per the 2022 regulations consistent with UCAA
- Develop a succession planning tree for all key positions per department and ensure programs are arranged and implemented.
- Manage all the staff training in the Training Module of Oracle Fusion-HCM
- Develop and promote sound people and administrative management practices by ensuring adherence and compliance with the Uganda Airlines’ Staff Regulations and Rules, code of ethics and conduct as well as systems, policies, and procedures.
- Support and maintain a Human Resource strategic plan to form good working relations with other departments within the airline to achieve the mandates.
- Develop and review administrative policies, procedures, practices, standards, and tools that deliver services effectively.
- Establish and ensure the effective implementation and reviews of plans, systems, policies, and processes for human resources planning, talent acquisition, management and development, employee engagement, legal compliance, employee relations, compensation, and benefits; and payroll;
- Monitor, revise, and lead in institutionalizing Human Resources policies, philosophy, values, and practices that embrace and drive the airlines’ core values and objectives;
- Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management process, making sure that the organization’s managers are equipped to engage in constructive and continuous feedback and coaching, and encourage staff to actively participate in identifying and addressing performance gaps;
- Manage relations with the staff representatives and promote good employee relations through dialogue, consultation, and continuous staff engagement on Human Resources issues;
- Co-ordinate airline diagnostic surveys, Human Resource audits, and stakeholder and employee surveys as needed in order to monitor and evaluate organizational culture and climate;
- Monitor, manage, and explore ways of reducing the cost of recruitment, practices, and procedures and identify areas for specific improvement.
- Manage relations with partners and external Human Resource service providers, etc
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelors’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Management or Administration, Law, Industrial Relations, or other related Social Sciences with 5 years of progressive experience in managing Human Resources and Administration functions.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge in coaching and training
- Demonstrated knowledge of the working relationship of aviation departments is key
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultural transformation
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management strategies and models
- Member of HRMAU.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Demonstrated ability in promoting self-development, innovation, and high performance;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in applying HR management principles and practices, training, talent acquisition, and change management;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in salary and benefits development and reviews;
- Demonstrated experience maintaining, with empathy, an appropriate balance between the organization’s needs and the welfare of staff;
- Demonstrated experience in solving people-related issues effectively;
- Demonstrated experience in data retrieval and analysis;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering briefings to diverse audiences, and conducting effective meetings with senior management, representatives of staff associations, representatives of Member States, and other stakeholders;
- A demonstrated knowledge and use of HRIS;
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote open communication and collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally;
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans, and actions, including budgets, that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Risk mitigation
- Effective communication skills and fluency in the English language
- Drive for results
- Knowledge sharing