The Senior Internal Audit and Compliance Officer will assist the Head Internal Audit in providing assurance on the effectiveness of controls in place to address risks to the achievement of MSUG’s strategic and operational objectives. In addition, the Senior Internal Audit and Compliance officer will assist in ensuring full implementation of the Anti-Fraud and Bribery Programme by all the Directorates, including training and all processes and registers.
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of the internal audit plan.
• Assist in the development, maintenance, implementation and review of the internal audit work programmes, audit plan and risk register and drive the development, deployment and update/review of the charter, manual, relevant policies and other frameworks for the Internal Audit Function.
• Establish effective working relationships within the Organisation and assist management in the understanding and application of and adherence to internal control, risk management, compliance and governance principles.
• Perform audits through the review of physical and electronic records, evaluate the level of compliance with established control policies, processes, procedures, standards, laws and regulations in assigned functional areas/Channels, identify control weaknesses or process improvement opportunities and initiate workable solutions.
• Document and file work papers and audit procedures performed. Track timely and effective corrective actions taken following audit recommendations.
• Maintain back up (physical and electronic) of all internal audit materials for easy retrieval and reference and monitor adherence to document management process within the Organization.
• Monitor and drive compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements across all business areas/Channels.
• Investigate and report all alleged cases of fraud, waste, abuse and inefficiencies and make recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial actions.
• Assist in the Implement the internal audit strategic initiatives relating to key responsibilities.
• Assist in the implementation and monitoring the Anti-Fraud and Bribery Program, including a) ensuring proper completion of: the fraud register, the conflicts of interest register, the gifts and entertainment registers and training those responsible as required; b) ensuring regular communications are sent out to all staff members reminding them of MS’s zero tolerance approach and their duty to report fraud, conflicts of interest and gifts and entertainment.
• Prepare and conduct a regular training Program for all staff on the Anti-Fraud and Bribery Program to include an introduction by line managers during first week of joining followed by participation in a half day training within the first 4 months of starting.
• Carry out other responsibilities as may be required by the Head Internal Audit.
• Assists in providing guidance to the Internal Audit and Compliance Officers to achieve the organization’s mission and strategic objectives.
• Assists in mentor and/or coach Internal Audit and Compliance Officers to critically assess opportunities to improve efficiency and maximize impact.
• Role model Marie Stopes core values and demonstrate Marie Stopes behaviors at all times.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience of internal or external audit with a reputable organisation (a mix of donor funded, and private sector preferred).
• Experience working with an International audit firm will be an added advantage.
• Good internal audit experience; able to demonstrate an understanding of the approaches and objectives of a good internal audit function.
• Good understanding of financial management systems and reporting.
• Ability to perform under pressure, handle heavy workloads, and meet stringent reporting deadlines.
• Hands-on experience with electronic accounting systems; knowledge of SUN Systems and mobile money essential.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels; excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Proven IT skills with the ability to analyze data for strategic purposes and decision making.
• Ability to work as part of an effective dynamic team.
• Ability to work unsupervised and maintain motivation.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work autonomously, plan and priorities own workload.
• Ability to effectively adapt to a variety of working environments.
• Ability to frequently travel upcountry.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• Partial professional qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA and CIA.
• Approachable with strong interpersonal & listening skills together with the ability to empower their team.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong results orientation and accountability.
• Objectivity and Independence.
• Innovative and pays attention to details.
• Self-motivated and a self-starter.
• The highest levels of integrity, honesty, reliable and strong ethical attitude.
• Strong commitment to the goals and vision of the Marie Stopes Interest in public health, particularly sexual and reproductive health.
• Flexibility to operate in a changing environment.
• Able to communicate effectively (both written and oral) at all levels.
• Computer literacy.
• Information Technology (IT) General Knowledge.
• Cross-functional team player.
Work as One MS
• You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSUG, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
• You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
• You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
• You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
• You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
• You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
• You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
• You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
• You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders and are a true MS ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
• You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
• You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
• You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
• You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
• Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
• Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
How to apply
To apply for the position, Please visit the careers page on our website: www.mariestopes.or.ug . to submit your application.(please attach your CV) Or go directly to the application page and click Apply