The Senior IT Assistant will work under the direct supervision of an IT SDM Officer/IT Country Lead for Uganda Operation. The incumbent may play a supervisory role in overlooking the day-to-day activities of the Telecom Operators in the offices in the area of coverage. S/he has working relationships with UNHCR staff members in the office and other offices within the country of assignment as well as with staff of UN agencies and other UNHCR partners within the area of responsibility (AOR) to exchange information and to provide assistance.
- Provide the daily Helpdesk, Troubleshooting, and technical support for all staff in Kampala 4 offices/sites.
- Follow up with MSPs (Managed Service Providers), about staff specific IT issues, and provide assistance and feedback to the service provider about the current status of each incident.
- Assist in the management of Corporate SIM Cards (Issuance, Activation, De-Activation, Cancellation, replacement), and maintain proper Logbook for all requested SIMs.
- Assist in updates and preparations of monthly Staff Directory.
- Assist in the ICT Unit assets inventory, and the issuance/return of ICT Assets issued/returned from staff/custodians.
- Participate in any simple tasks and projects as determined by the IT SDM Officer.
- Be responsible for transferring items from & to Kampala main office, as well as handling any items required to be shipped or received from other HCR offices.
- Assist in configuration & installation of radios, and VTS systems.
- Technological Awareness
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Completion of High school diploma is required.
- Completion of technical school with training/certificate in Telecommunication and Information Technology is required.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the ICT field is required.
- Knowledge of English is required