dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Relationship Manager- Corporate in the Commercial (CCO) Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Head of Personal and Business Banking.
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to Head of Personal and Business Banking, the role holder will be responsible for leading sales in the Agriculture and Informal segment through supporting the development and selling of relevant products, liaison with key development partners, support of the branch network through training of customers and staff and identification of opportunities in order to grow the informal business within acceptable risk parameters.
- Identify bankable opportunities in the agriculture and informal segment and collaborate this with the bank proposition.
- Support development of appropriate lending and saving products for the agricultural and informal segment.
- To structure products relevant to Agricultural and informal segment and grow PBB balance sheet.
- To acquire new Agricultural and informal segment customers.
- To collect and disseminate Agriculture and informal segment knowledge.
- To identify and roll out a training programs for sellers to enhance staff productivity.
- To manage the Agriculture related guarantee funds and their required reporting and secure agricultural loans in order to minimize default.
- Represent the bank in any agriculture and informal segment related projects such as best farmer competition, agricultural exhibitions and financial literacy in the informal segment.
- To manage the Agri Module under the Quantum Leap Project and assist in executing TA missions hereto related.
- To coordinate capacity building projects for farmers and cooperatives to be managed by the Agribusiness Development Centre (ADC).
- Provide the required leadership needed to instil a team-oriented, client-driven, results-driven team.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelors in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness related course, good knowledge of Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Word and power point).
- Training/skills in financial analysis and credit assessment.
- Credit analysis management and structuring skills.
- Relationship building and Management skills.
- Demonstrated awareness of the agriculture sector with regards to factors like farm management, government policies and projects, trends in the market, an understanding of commercial agriculture.
- Banking background preferably in Trade & Commodity Finance would be desirable.
- Strong understanding of the agriculture market, the economic factors which influence it and the needs of the business sector.
- Understanding of varied product solutions required within the bank’s customer base and ability to recommend new products for development in relation to customer feedback received through relationship management.
- Selling skills (to new business, cross selling to all business lines).
- Exceptional products knowledge and ability to propose appropriate financing structure for the different business under agriculture and Informal segment.
- Ability to analyse business risk especially that inherent to agriculture and the informal segment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other stakeholders in the sector.
- Mature disposition in the handling a range of client profiles and varied needs.
- Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to ensure no loss of efficiency
- Team management experience.
- Good negotiation and Interpersonal skills (team player, good communication and time management skills).
- Good interpersonal skills, communication, and telephone skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with clients directly.
- Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors’ responses, and the bank’s ability to use information to identify new business opportunities and threats.
- Should be able to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the relevant stakeholders.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 1st December 2022 to the email address indicated below.
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.